i say durham.
claire1985
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i say durham.
Durham probably, i think Law is one of the few good departments in the whole university
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I reckon durham...its got a better reputation imo...but also has better teaching.

G
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Durham for law definitely.
Other departments, I'd say Manchester.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
According to the Choose a Uni book of Graduate recruiter surveys: for Law Manchester (ranked 4th after Oxford, Cambridge and LSE) does...just (Durham is ranked one place below joint with Edinburgh)
i hate it how league table type things differ so much. Times has Durham at 4th after oxbridge and lse and manchester 7th. Guardian has manchester somewhere like 7th and durham 12th.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
According to the Choose a Uni book of Graduate recruiter surveys: for Law Manchester (ranked 4th after Oxford, Cambridge and LSE) does...just (Durham is ranked one place below joint with Edinburgh)
Pencil Queen, where do you get this book from? I have had a look in the careers lib but couldn't find it. I was looking for the employment stats for History course, i have picked LSE thinking it would be best, but turned down Warwick York and Royal Holloway in the process.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Pencil Queen, where do you get this book from? I have had a look in the careers lib but couldn't find it. I was looking for the employment stats for History course, i have picked LSE thinking it would be best, but turned down Warwick York and Royal Holloway in the process.
i heard york was really good for history, maybe not as good as LSE though. What do you plan to do after your history degree?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
i heard york was really good for history, maybe not as good as LSE though. What do you plan to do after your history degree?
No idea really, i may do a law conversion or go into accounting, or maybe journalism??? or maybe even a masters, i don't know! My mum loved York but it felt too claustraphobic for my liking, I don't like campus universities.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
No idea really, i may do a law conversion or go into accounting, or maybe journalism??? or maybe even a masters, i don't know! My mum loved York but it felt too claustraphobic for my liking, I don't like campus universities.
Ah then LSE should suit you fine.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
Ah then LSE should suit you fine.
Indeed, but to the original question-I say go for Durham :-) I don't rate Manc really.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise