The Student Room Group

OCR A A2 Electric fields question

Need help with this:
A student is given 6 sealed opaque bags containing different numbers of identical ball bearings.
She measures the mass of each bag on a top pan balance. The readings are as follows.

30.8g, 92.4g, 61.6g, 38.5g, 77.0g, 53.9g,

Calculate the mass of each ball bearing and the number of balls in each bag.

P.S- I dont see how this applies to electric fields. :confused:
Original post by Physicist26
Need help with this:
A student is given 6 sealed opaque bags containing different numbers of identical ball bearings.
She measures the mass of each bag on a top pan balance. The readings are as follows.

30.8g, 92.4g, 61.6g, 38.5g, 77.0g, 53.9g,

Calculate the mass of each ball bearing and the number of balls in each bag.

P.S- I dont see how this applies to electric fields. :confused:

It doesn't - are you sure this isn't the first part of a question somehow?

Maybe it's just in the wrong place.
Reply 2
On the next question it goes on about millikans experiment with polystyrene spheres, and different numbers of extra electrons on each sphere, so i think it links in some how
On the next question it goes on about millikans experiment with polystyrene spheres, and different numbers of extra electrons on each sphere, so i think it links in some how

If the spheres are the same as the ball-bearings, then the mass might be relevant in solving the question.
Reply 4
P1010584.jpg
P1010584.jpg

Ah, no. The questions are worked out in similar ways. So they aren't related by subject, but they are worked out in a similar way. Part a) is designed to give you an idea as to how to work out part b)
Reply 6
can someone help me with questions 7,8 and 13.6,13.7 please.

Quick Reply

Latest