The Student Room Group

UKCAT Score - Good or bad?

Hey!
So I took my UKCAT today, and I have an odd combination of scores:

VR- 510 (probably because it was the first section and I was very nervous at the beginning)
QR - 710
AR - 770
DA - 890

My average score (720) is good, but I previously spoke to someone from King's college admission, and she said that they usually take into account scores per section rather than overall. I was thinking of applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen and King's. Do you think I will be at a very high disadvantage because of my VR score? or will the rest compensate for it?

Also, I will probably have high predicted results, so I'm not only relying on the UKCAT.
Check if any of the universities you want to apply to require a minimum in each section, otherwise you should be fine
My VR score wasn't great at all, but I still got an offer from King's if that helps.

Original post by SM74
Hey!
So I took my UKCAT today, and I have an odd combination of scores:

VR- 510 (probably because it was the first section and I was very nervous at the beginning)
QR - 710
AR - 770
DA - 890

My average score (720) is good, but I previously spoke to someone from King's college admission, and she said that they usually take into account scores per section rather than overall. I was thinking of applying to Edinburgh, Aberdeen and King's. Do you think I will be at a very high disadvantage because of my VR score? or will the rest compensate for it?

Also, I will probably have high predicted results, so I'm not only relying on the UKCAT.
Reply 3
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
My VR score wasn't great at all, but I still got an offer from King's if that helps.
Would u mind telling roughly how much u scored on VR? Sorry I'm just extremely worried about my score :frown:
No of course I wouldn't mind - I just don't really remember. Let me have a look at my PM's that I sent people a while back and I might find it there :smile:

EDIT: I got 610

Original post by SM74
Would u mind telling roughly how much u scored on VR? Sorry I'm just extremely worried about my score :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending