The Student Room Group

low blood pressure

For a long time I've had dizzy problems and been feeling faint, and I recently decided to monitor my blood pressure every day...so I've been doing it for a while and my blood pressure has been low....the worst has been 90/60, is there anything I can do besides more drinking water and adding more salt to my diet?
Thanks in advance!

:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

I have low blood pressure. Best thing to do is just leave it. It isn't dangerous on it's own
Reply 2
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I have low blood pressure. Best thing to do is just leave it. It isn't dangerous on it's own

yes but it makes me dizzy and I'm scared I may faint while out and about!
Original post by WhiteRose100
yes but it makes me dizzy and I'm scared I may faint while out and about!

I get that too and I don't think there's anything that can be done. I've fainted a lot
Reply 4
I get that too and I don't think there's anything that can be done. I've fainted a lot

oh dear! poor you, what have your doctors done for you?
oh dear! poor you, what have your doctors done for you?

Nothing. They can't find any cause for it other than this, so they've told me to just leave it. Everything goes black sometimes and I just either grab something or lie on the floor
Reply 6
Nothing. They can't find any cause for it other than this, so they've told me to just leave it. Everything goes black sometimes and I just either grab something or lie on the floor

That must be scary!
That must be scary!

At first but now it's pretty regular :tongue:
It would probably be worth going to the doctors and get a blood test for any underlying causes, such as anaemia.
Mine's 90/58 and I get dizzy an awful lot. Doctor told me it's just normal :/ Your doctor might be a little more helpful than mine so definitely worth seeing.
Reply 10
Low blood pressure may not be a bad thing on its own but in combination with feeling faint there's something definitely wrong.

Are you one of these women that eats a stupidly low calorie, low fat diet? How much exercise do you do?
Reply 11
For a long time I've had dizzy problems and been feeling faint, and I recently decided to monitor my blood pressure every day...so I've been doing it for a while and my blood pressure has been low....the worst has been 90/60, is there anything I can do besides more drinking water and adding more salt to my diet?
Thanks in advance!

:biggrin:

Are you female and in your teenage years?

Not uncommon.
Reply 12
Original post by danny111
Are you female and in your teenage years?

Not uncommon.

yeah, lol well nearing the end now but still :smile:
Reply 13
yeah, lol well nearing the end now but still :smile:

I think quite a few girls have this at that age.
When I was pregnant mine was around the 80/50 no more then 100. What they told me to do was drink more fluids and not eat big meals as that can lower your bp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Foo.mp3
How are monitoring it? In a seated position at rest?

When I did my blood pressure I was sitting down, but I haven't checked it now for quite a while so, I don't know if it's still low.
Reply 16
Original post by HerRoyalHighness
When I was pregnant mine was around the 80/50 no more then 100. What they told me to do was drink more fluids and not eat big meals as that can lower your bp

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tip!
Reply 19
Original post by Foo.mp3
If it's no longer affecting you symptoms wise then no worries, but if you're curious I'd monitor it in each of the following positions, after 5 mins, at rest:

1) Lying down

2) Sitting

3) Standing still, legs straight

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest