The Student Room Group

Can't pay rent :S

Basically,
My accommodation is with iQ salford and the first rent instalment has to be payed on the 6th of september and thats £1,785.00 and my student loan does not come in till the 23rd of September so I phoned them up and they basically said you can pay half of that whats around £890 and the other half when me loan comes in..

the thing is I still cant afford £890 at the time :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by arson_fire
Why do they want the rent so early? Have you already moved in? If not I would be tempted to tell them they will just have to wait. You can`t be the only person out there waiting for their loan before they can pay for their accommodation.

Yeah, I was wondering the same. I think its because iQ is a company, so its private accommodation so can ask for it when they like! and no you can't move in till the 14th, when freshers week starts.

The thing is though, I only live with my mother and she doesn't work due to being ill,
Reply 2
Nan or grandad to borrow some money off until you get the loan?
Reply 3
It's only £500 with Natwest when you first open it.
Reply 4
It sounds like using the overdraft on your student account is the best thing to do.

The banks vary in the maximum size of overdraft you can have though you won't always be given the maximum immediately. For example I opened a student account with HSBC a few weeks ago and my overdraft is currently £1000 though they advertise up to a £3000 overdraft.

If you haven't already got a student account moneysavingexpert has a useful rundown of the options. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/Student-bank-account

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending