Help please Preppy clothes

Watch this thread
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi everyone! can someone tell me what good preppy brands there are that are colourful as well. I got a nice colourful Lyle and Scott Jumper from someone for Christmas and would like something preppy to wear in the summer. What is 'in' now with regards to the prep look?

Thank you!
boho
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
lol not your average fashion question but i'll give it a go.

apart from your standard ralph lauren, jack wills is probably your best bet. theres whitestuff as well but i'd say thats a little less preppy. theres also a new brand becoming a bit more well known called whittawer which sells your average preppy attire - poloshirts etc

x
No Future
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
A&F? American Eagle? Ralph Lauren?
Bluelight
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
i have a blue lyle and scott jumper with a blue and white striped horizotal shirt underneath showing in the v neck bit. You're a bit stuck for preppy clothes in England without going on the internet to shop. A&F is a good brand though.
tiamaria
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
crew clothing ... joules clothing ... brine lacrosse stuff ... ralph lauren... jack wills ... citizens of humanity/rock and republic/seven for all mankind jeans
sokas
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
where can you buy jack wills in england? It's just I have never really seen it in shops
tiamaria
Report 15 years ago
^^ i always thort it was english based ?? maybe my mistkae. .. anyways you can get it via mail order .. just google it.
xsbrx
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by sokas)
where can you buy jack wills in england? It's just I have never really seen it in shops
http://www.jackwills.com/onlinestore...?pagetype=home

With free delivery!
ssmoose
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
There's a Jack Wills shop in Bristol
username30638
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by boho)
lol not your average fashion question but i'll give it a go.

apart from your standard ralph lauren, jack wills is probably your best bet. theres whitestuff as well but i'd say thats a little less preppy. theres also a new brand becoming a bit more well known called whittawer which sells your average preppy attire - poloshirts etc

x
I wouldn't call White Stuff preppy, but they do have some very good clothes.

My sister works in there and I get a 50% discount, which is handy as I probably wouldn't be able to afford to shop in there without it. Their clothes are great, especially this time of year. They have some very cool shorts.

:cool:
Tabris
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Hackett?
icedout
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
A&F? American Eagle? Ralph Lauren?
^ Pretty much. Hackett etc. are becoming chavvy
Traum
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I used to love Fred Perry...but that's been chavy-fied...Still just bought a white tank-jumper with pale blue lining... it beautiful!

And I hate RL...their clothes never seem to fit...i wish someone could tell them that women and men are shaped differently...
JuicyLucy1989
Report 15 years ago
Lacoste is great but Benetton usually have some nice things. Lots of places on the high street especially Gap are into the whole preppy look so you don't always have to pay Ralph and A7F prices. But Lacoste really is ace!
.butterfly.x.
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
There's also a Jack Wills shop somewhere near plymouth. Can't quite remember where though
max_e_muscle
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Does abercrombie have a shop in the uk? I read they were going to launch one in london but that was a while ago. Have they built it yet? If not are there any other shops in london that sell abercrombie, if not i will just have to buy my shorts off the internet and pay loads for delivery
Lady_Muck
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I buy all of my Abercrombie stuff from eBay anyway, I buy most branded stuff from there as it's a good load cheaper, which is all good IME. You might also want to look into Pringle, they have some really fabbity clothes and are one of my favourite brands.

And there's a Wills shop in Salcombe, which is relatively near Plymouth.
Lacroix
Report 15 years ago
Aeropostale, Hollister
max_e_muscle
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Hollister is abercrombie aimed at the high school guy. Still really nice stuff though. I have looked on ebay, but I can't find the exact thing I want, will I be able to get it from any shops in the UK or will I have to order it from the US? The item is beige cargo shorts
mattje
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lady_Muck)
I buy all of my Abercrombie stuff from eBay anyway, I buy most branded stuff from there as it's a good load cheaper
That is due to the fact that most of the branded/designer clothing on ebay is fake, espeically Ralph Lauren, Lacoste etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (141)
42.73%
Not yet, but I will soon (58)
17.58%
No (131)
39.7%

Watched Threads