The Student Room Group

Gap year help

Final Question is in the last paragraph if you would like to just get to the question quickly.

Hi guys, I didn't exactly take a gap year, and I did go to college after secondary school and did the AS year, however, I didn't realise at the time that it would be so challenging. Thus, with this misconception I was lead to assume that the courses I did weren't asking a lot of me, I would revise and do work but It never really went into my head because I wasn't focused enough and determined to do well. I didn't have the urge to succeed as much as I do now. Thus I failed the AS year, I got 3 U's and an E. Of course, I was devastated, didn't know what I was going to do and was In a real panic. However, over the summer holidays I've had some time to contemplate and really think about myself, my work ethics and attitude to education, I've had time to think about my future and realised that inside me I've been suppressing a huge urge which was to succeed and get a decent career.

So I've failed AS. I want to go to college again but I wont be able to do any extensive course or anything because of my previous failed AS levels. So there is a college in my town who is currently enrolling.

What I would like to know is, If I enrol for that college but say that instead of going to college I took a gap year, so no AS level, and that I was getting work experience and helping with a family members business instead. Will the college trace me back and ask around different colleges to see if I was present in them?
Thus, allowing me to do AS and A2 again, I would like to know if this is possible.

Thank you for your time.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending