The Student Room Group

alevels

Im really stuck on what to chose for alevels! I was going to do sport as a double, health and social as a single and textiles. This is because I don't know what I want to progress onto doing! However I'm no allowed to do sport and health and social as they class because of being position in the same block! I changed then to textile, sport as a double, and English literature and language which is offered as a combined Alevel! I was jut wondering any opinions on these? And does anyone know of lots of Shakespeare is involved in the contents of English lit/Lang AQA? However after the first year at sixth form when it comes to dropping a subject and all that I was thinking of dropping English lit/Lang? Any help/advice I would be very great-full!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I think when you dont know what to do when your older it is best to stick to more traditional subjects that will provide a lot of oppurtunities if you can( as i think the subjects you have picked are too specific-apart from englishlit/lang).I would at least pick two subjects from this:
Englishlit/lang
Maths
science(Bio/chem/physics)
History
Geography
A Langauge(French/German/spanish)
Business Studies
I.T(Computer science)
Obviously dont let me sway your decison, but i think you should maybe pick 2 of those health and social and maybe single sport(if possible and if not in same block) and if thats not possible then possibly textiles.However if you are really interested in sport then go for it-it all depends on what you are good at. Good Luck with your A Levels!! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rosiecook
Im really stuck on what to chose for alevels! I was going to do sport as a double, health and social as a single and textiles. This is because I don't know what I want to progress onto doing! However I'm no allowed to do sport and health and social as they class because of being position in the same block! I changed then to textile, sport as a double, and English literature and language which is offered as a combined Alevel! I was jut wondering any opinions on these? And does anyone know of lots of Shakespeare is involved in the contents of English lit/Lang AQA? However after the first year at sixth form when it comes to dropping a subject and all that I was thinking of dropping English lit/Lang? Any help/advice I would be very great-full!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like the person above said, id stick to more traditional subjects if you dont know what you want to do. Subjects like sport, health and social care etc are a bit too career specific. If stick with english lit/language. But then id pick some different subjects, such as a humanities subject (such as history or geography), a science or maths subject (like biology, chemistry, physics or maths), and then if you want a 4th subject, pick one more subject depending on what you like/are good at.
Reply 3
Yeah well I decided I was going to do English lit/Lang, Sport (as I do really enjoy it), textiles! This is because I did thing about something to do with teaching or sport coaching but now I've found out that sport and English are on the same blocks!! I feel it takes me so long to be happy and confident with certain subjects and then get blown out again haha! Thank for all your help though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending