Plagiarism & Cheating Watch

This discussion is closed.
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
i once wrote a piece of geography coursework from my friend who paid me £500, good deal really, i got a holiday and he got an A.... symbiotic relationship....

at what level is someone paying you £500???

love Katy ***
Hedgie
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
My history teacher refused to mark my history coursework because she thought I had copied it from the internet. I had not. This meant that when results came out I did not have the A I needed for Cambridge. It took weeks of hard work on my parents' part to get my school to sort it out with the board who agreed that the teacher had not followed correct practice. I eventually got my A and only then confirmation of my place at Cambridge (in October).

My parents had the piece put through a plagiarism programme and even got a barrister's opinion about what the teacher had done. She had not warned either me or the headteacher or my parents of what she was going to do. I still feel very very bitter about it all. She very nearly cost me my place and caused my family a great deal of stress.

I gather that only now are exam boards requiring schools to put in place appeals procedures for marking of coursework. It's long overdue.

Cheating by copying from the internet is stupid: anyone can now run work through a plagiarism programme or put phrase through google.
_GáMMá_
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
i once wrote a piece of geography coursework from my friend who paid me £500, good deal really, i got a holiday and he got an A.... symbiotic relationship....
shouldn't he have just wrote it himself, got a slightly lower grade and saved himself £500??? :confused:
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _GáMMá_)
shouldn't he have just wrote it himself, got a slightly lower grade and saved himself £500??? :confused:
yep, i'd have said that to him too but he wanted to give me £500 so i wasn't going to let morality stand in the way he can afford it, it wasn't like i took him for every penny he got....

at what level is someone paying you £500???
a level geography coursework. he desperately needed an A to help him get one in the summer to meet his durham offer..
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%