This discussion is closed.
james44
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
I am glad to see i am not the only one having a complete nightmare with fc software. does anyone
know how to get the damn thing configured properly? it is neither accepting my user name or password
and neither is the main open uni site any help will be greatly appreciated
Mark Hill
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:11:08 -0000, <[email protected] uk>
<[email protected] uk> wrote:
[q1]> I am glad to see i am not the only one having a complete nightmare with fc software. does anyone[/q1]
[q1]> know how to get the damn thing configured properly?[/q1]

Have you tried the OU's helpdesk? You can phone them up or use email to contact them. There's also
First Class documentation available on the OU site.

BTW, when setting up First Class I couldn't get connected because I was behind a firewall.
Unfortunately, this issue is not mentioned in any troubleshooting guide I've seen.

--
Mark Hill - http://www.fero.uklinux.net - Email checked variably.
Julie
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:11:08 -0000, <[email protected] uk> wrote:

[q1]>I am glad to see i am not the only one having a complete nightmare with fc software. does anyone[/q1]
[q1]>know how to get the damn thing configured properly? it is neither accepting my user name or[/q1]
[q1]>password and neither is the main open uni site any help will be greatly appreciated[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Have you tried www.fcguru.org.uk It's a website set up by an OU tutor who knows that Firstclass can
be a complete pig to get working properly.

Julie S
C
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
for firewall probs there is a list of ip addresses instead of oucnf addresses.... "Julie"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 13:11:08 -0000, <[email protected] uk> wrote:[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q2]> >I am glad to see i am not the only one having a complete nightmare with[/q2]
fc
[q2]> >software. does anyone know how to get the damn thing configured properly?[/q2]
it
[q2]> >is neither accepting my user name or password and neither is the main[/q2]
open
[q2]> >uni site any help will be greatly appreciated[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Have you tried www.fcguru.org.uk It's a website set up by an OU tutor who knows that Firstclass[/q1]
[q1]> can be a complete pig to get working properly.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Julie S[/q1]
Mark Hill
Badges:
Report 18 years ago
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:24:24 -0000, c
<[email protected]> wrote:
[q1]> for firewall probs there is a list of ip addresses instead of oucnf addresses....[/q1]

Thanks. That's good to know for future reference.

--
Mark Hill - http://www.fero.uklinux.net - Email checked variably.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.48%
No (593)
65.52%

Watched Threads