The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Finance

What happens if your tuition fee loan isn't finalized before the enrollment cut-off date?

I'm worried as I've applied very last minute, assuming that if they're still letting you apply, while telling them you plan to pay by student loan, that this is ok.:frown:
As long as you're eligible for the loan and you've applied (albeit, last minute) - you'll be perfectly fine. Although if you don't get the loan - prepare for invoices! :lol:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I'm quite regretting applying super late too. What stage are you at in your application? I have yet to receive a letter to sign from them and I'm super worried...
Reply 3
Original post by fxyz
I'm quite regretting applying super late too. What stage are you at in your application? I have yet to receive a letter to sign from them and I'm super worried...

Same - I haven't got the letter yet.
Reply 4
Call Student Finance England and discuss the situation with them. As far as I am aware your tuition loan is always paid for anyway so as long as SFE and your chosen uni communicate (you will need to broker this) then you will be fine, I'm sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I applied online to Student Finance on 9th August with passport details and NI number and registered to start studying with OU for October. The cut off date for enrolment is 5th September and checking finance application online just says 'processing application'. OU is bombarding me with emails to remember to apply for finance, don't forget this, that and the other! What a pain this process is. I will call SF tomorrow for an update.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Sasha101
I applied online to Student Finance on 9th August with passport details and NI number and registered to start studying with OU for October. The cut off date for enrolment is 5th September and checking finance application online just says 'processing application'. OU is bombarding me with emails to remember to apply for finance, don't forget this, that and the other! What a pain this process is. I will call SF tomorrow for an update.

I had the same. I finally got my letter from student finance and sent it back signed. I thought that would be it but a week or so later I got a voice mail from the OU asking about how I'm financing my studies.
You can cancel up to 13 days in to your course with the OU with no course charges. Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending