Turn on thread page Beta

Questions on Driving Test watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know that pupils are expected to answer 'show me - tell me' questions on the driving test, but are you still asked questions on the highway code on the actual 'practical' driving test? ...or is this not included in the test now as you answer questions on your theory test anyway?

TIA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodZ)
    I know that pupils are expected to answer 'show me - tell me' questions on the driving test, but are you still asked questions on the highway code on the actual 'practical' driving test? ...or is this not included in the test now as you answer questions on your theory test anyway?

TIA
    I did mine over a year ago now, and I wasn't asked anything Highway Code related on the practical test. You're right - this is all covered in the Theory.

As I said, it was a while ago now, so it might have changed.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, thanks for that!

So it's pretty much?...

- eyesight test
    - show me tell me
    - drive around for 40-ish minutes (inc. manoeuvres?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    That's right.
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    That's right.
    didja pass?

ReputationRep:
    No. I did 40 in a 30 zone. Its a dual carriageway as well, 30mph, I ask you...
    ah unlucky.

yeah i know what you mean, theres a bit of dual carriageway that goes to 40 then a few hundred yards down the road is 30.. i mean, how can you get up to 40 then have time to get down to 30 again!?!

good luck next time!

ReputationRep:
    i've also heard that we get 2 show me tell me questions at the start of the driving test, but even if we get both of them wrong it's only put down as a minor so my instructor said not to worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    When you've passed the theory the show-me-tell-me questions are no trouble, you only have to memorise about 10 things.
    What are the show-me-tell-me questions?

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.