A2 maths(AQA specB-P5) Watch

This discussion is closed.
zazy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey,
Any updates on the possible revision sources or any txt books for P5... Any websites or names of books would be appreciated..
Just i can't find anything specific for that unit!!!
Thx
Keeton
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
hi, have u tried using the meikleriggs maths site?
address: www.meikleriggs.co.uk

you will have to register with site to use it
Hoofbeat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Keeton)
hi, have u tried using the meikleriggs maths site?
address: www.meikleriggs.co.uk

you will have to register with site to use it
there's also http://www.mathsnet.net although I think it's designed for Edexcel, but at least it'll probably have the same sort of information on. You could also get the papers of the AQA website.
chrisbphd
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I doubt you'll find anything specific as the syllabus is being scrubbed as of September this year. The above suggestions for revision are good ones though. Also, class notes might be a good place to start!
zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by chrisbphd)
I doubt you'll find anything specific as the syllabus is being scrubbed as of September this year. The above suggestions for revision are good ones though. Also, class notes might be a good place to start!
The problem is the fact that my teacher has recently left..Independant study.. :confused:
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
The problem is the fact that my teacher has recently left..Independant study.. :confused:
yeh im having problems too..only thing left to do is to go and buy any a2 maths book..and revise from there.
zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ShOcKzZ)
yeh im having problems too..only thing left to do is to go and buy any a2 maths book..and revise from there.
The problem is right at the moment, there isn't a single suitable book that will exactly match the syllabus...*cries**
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
exactly..so we'll have to get a book that covers all of A2 maths..then use the syllabus to know what to learn.
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
do you know what the grade boundaries are like for P5?
i hope its sommat like 60% for an A. then i wont need a book, lol.
zazy
Rep:
?
do you know what the grade boundaries are like for P5?
i hope its sommat like 60% for an A. then i wont need a book, lol.
Isn't it 80% like normal???
If it is 60% i'll throw my hat in the air and do the paper with closed eyes..lol
can you tell me if you find out?
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I had this problem with AQA P5 last year for my A Level Mathematics & Statistics. I basically relied on the Heinemann textbooks for all my pure modules as our teachers were very poor. The best idea is to get hold of as many past exam papers as you can and use them to revise, as many of the questions have a similar structure each year. Eventually, I decided to concentrate on the modules where I had the books to work so I could compensate for my performance in P5.
zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mg84)
I had this problem with AQA P5 last year for my A Level Mathematics & Statistics. I basically relied on the Heinemann textbooks for all my pure modules as our teachers were very poor. The best idea is to get hold of as many past exam papers as you can and use them to revise, as many of the questions have a similar structure each year. Eventually, I decided to concentrate on the modules where I had the books to work so I could compensate for my performance in P5.
That's what i'v e morealess done if i ge ta B or C it will still turn out as an A..Hope soooooooo i mean.
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 15 years ago
I need 1 UMS mark out of 90 on this paper to get an A overall
I'll still revise for it obviously, but I dont have to make it a priority and can concentrate on my French and Physics.
mg84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In the end I didn't need any UMS marks at all in P5, but I didn't know that at the time as I hadn't done my P4 and S4 modules.

zazy
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
I need 1 UMS mark out of 90 on this paper to get an A overall
I'll still revise for it obviously, but I dont have to make it a priority and can concentrate on my French and Physics.
Shall we swap places.. ineed more than 1 mark..
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by zazy)
Isn't it 80% like normal???
If it is 60% i'll throw my hat in the air and do the paper with closed eyes..lol
can you tell me if you find out?
for an A

june 01 - 41/60
jan 02 - 44/60
june 02 - 42/60
jan 03 - 46/60
june 03 - 45/60
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This isn't a good sign, considering I'll be doing P5 next year. Meh, at least AS is great, with the nice textbooks specifically written for the syllabus!
zazy
Rep:
?
for an A

june 01 - 41/60
jan 02 - 44/60
june 02 - 42/60
jan 03 - 46/60
june 03 - 45/60
phew, that's tolerable...
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%