The Student Room Group

The most horrifying story you will ever hear.

I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked through the window. I saw a tree. “I don’t understand” I said to myself. My head ached and my heart throbbed. That tree wasn’t there before. Could it have grown overnight? Impossible. I thought about stepping outside to investigate further. However, I just didn’t have it in me. Then I heard a thump. A light tapping sound echoed outside. “Is someone there?” I muttered. Then, I saw it. It was hunched up in the garden. A little girl. I had to see if she was alright, so I went outside. Her face was covered in blood and I could not see their features. She started screaming. I was startled. I beat her. I then dragged her into my basement. I needed to hide the body. I decided that the only fool proof way to get rid of it was to eat her. So, I put her in the oven. I realised it was 3 am. So I put the oven to the highest temperature to cook her quickly so I could go back to bed. But then, it happened. The oven exploded. I went outside to safety. It was ok. The horror was over.

I have recently started writing a horror novel and am in the process of submitting this piece to oxford to improve my chances of studying English. If you want any tips I am available to hire for £70 per hour.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't ge.....wat.....
Reply 2
Original post by Johnm75
I don't ge.....wat.....

Speechless? Not to blow my own trumpet or anything, but I understand.
Well that escalated quickly.
Reply 4
Brilliant.
Reply 5
Original post by NotAHotel
Brilliant.

Thank you. I put a significant amount of effort into my work and am pleased to know that my readers appreciate it.
Original post by Danzpk
I woke up in the middle of the night. I looked through the window. I saw a tree. “I don’t understand” I said to myself. My head ached and my heart throbbed. That tree wasn’t there before. Could it have grown overnight? Impossible. I thought about stepping outside to investigate further. However, I just didn’t have it in me. Then I heard a thump. A light tapping sound echoed outside. “Is someone there?” I muttered. Then, I saw it. It was hunched up in the garden. A little girl. I had to see if she was alright, so I went outside. Her face was covered in blood and I could not see their features. She started screaming. I was startled. I beat her. I then dragged her into my basement. I needed to hide the body. I decided that the only fool proof way to get rid of it was to eat her. So, I put her in the oven. I realised it was 3 am. So I put the oven to the highest temperature to cook her quickly so I could go back to bed. But then, it happened. The oven exploded. I went outside to safety. It was ok. The horror was over.

I have recently started writing a horror novel and am in the process of submitting this piece to oxford to improve my chances of studying English. If you want any tips I am available to hire for £70 per hour.

It's too fast paced and doesn't flow well. Also, you've condensed what could effectively be two or three chapters in to one poorly structured paragraph? :lol:

£70 per hour? I have to assume you're trolling, but if not - take heed of any advice this thread has to offer you. :tongue:

One last thing... Why did you emphasis that it was 3AM? Cheaper gas bills to burn her at the highest temperature? :confused:
Reply 7
get a life
Reply 8
What a horrifying piece of work... no sentence length variation whatsoever. :facepalm2:
Reply 9
Original post by pmc:producer
It's too fast paced and doesn't flow well. Also, you've condensed what could effectively be two or three chapters in to one poorly structured paragraph? :lol:

£70 per hour? I have to assume you're trolling, but if not - take heed of any advice this thread has to offer you. :tongue:

One last thing... Why did you emphasis that it was 3AM? Cheaper gas bills to burn her at the highest temperature? :confused:

Poorly structured and not worth £70 per hour? I'm oxford material my dear friend. The idea of it being 3 am is actually imagery to signify how it was dark.
Reply 10
You should've burned her at 4am, because that's known as the witching hour.
Would've been more fitting, you see.
Original post by Danzpk
Poorly structured and not worth £70 per hour? I'm oxford material my dear friend. The idea of it being 3 am is actually imagery to signify how it was dark.

Your opening sentence of "I woke up in the middle of the night" done that.
I'll confess the last part had me cringing.
Reply 13
Original post by Sannn
You should've burned her at 4am, because that's known as the witching hour.
Would've been more fitting, you see.

Thank you for your feedback, I will use this information for my next novel "Alone in a red truck"
Reply 14
Original post by cambio wechsel
I'll confess the last part had me cringing.

The imagery is mind-blowing and can cause all sorts of emotions
I also like how you skillfully removed any evidence that you are indeed Red144 too - very discrete. The saddest part about that is that both user names comment on the same posts in some cases which means you sit with two separate windows open. :lol:

How lonely does one guy need to be?
"strange trees always give me cravings for the flesh of children"

bizarre plot line but I'll go with it
Reply 17
A Neoclassical masterpiece.
Unconditional offer your way.
Reply 19
Great. Now I'm gonna have nightmares for weeks about my oven exploding. Thanks a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending