UK Tier 4 student visa

Watch
Drjekyll
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been told my tier 4 visa will take a month, if thats the case then ill miss everything, including a weeks worth of lectures. Lectures start on the 23rd of sept and i sent in my visa application on the 29th of this month. I tried to call their bluff by not paying the priority fee of 120 GBP but now I'm worried.
Vencpe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Drjekyll,

May I ask which VAC you have used and which country have you applied from.

Although the standard processing time might be one month, Individual cases do vary. If you have perfect documentation of all the necessary records, you might very well hear from them soon.

Good Luck!
Drjekyll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vencpe)
Hi Drjekyll,

May I ask which VAC you have used and which country have you applied from.

Although the standard processing time might be one month, Individual cases do vary. If you have perfect documentation of all the necessary records, you might very well hear from them soon.

Good Luck!
VFS, Bahrain. hope so, thanks
shweta.bh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey there,

I'm in the same situation as you are..also, I'm from Bahrain. I applied for my visa on the 21st of August and the visa status has been the same since the last 10 days: Application under assessment at Visa Section. It got me worried as there was no status update, so I called up the VFS this morning, and they said it could take upto 3-4 weeks to get an answer, coz it's a very busy time for them as well...

Now I feel I should have just opted for the priority service..sigh. :mad:

Anyhow, I hope you get yours in time. Good luck.
Drjekyll
Rep:
?
I find it hard to believe that they will take 3-4 weeks, surely they'll take into consideration when my unviersity course starts(16 sept). Its absurd!
Drjekyll
Rep:
?
(Original post by shweta.bh)
Hey there,

I'm in the same situation as you are..also, I'm from Bahrain. I applied for my visa on the 21st of August and the visa status has been the same since the last 10 days: Application under assessment at Visa Section. It got me worried as there was no status update, so I called up the VFS this morning, and they said it could take upto 3-4 weeks to get an answer, coz it's a very busy time for them as well...

I also thought i should have however i wanted to catch their bluff since VFS isnt actually the embassy, I dont understand why they would have such a ridiculous system! Any visa should be done as soon as possible..
dactung93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I knew it would took 3-4 weeks to process the Visa so I book the appointment for VISA on 23/Aug.
My school worked so badly that I could not have CAS in time (all my documents have been ready for a long time).
I changed the appointment date to the best possible day which I could still get my visa few day before the flight.
Now, everything is collapsed because CAS came on today morning after few days chasing them, forcing them to process my CAS quickly.
It took 2 days for CAS to be issued and more than 1 week to stay on their list for nothing.
If I renew my Visa in Vietnam, I will miss the flight (have to book a new one), miss the freshmen week.
I am really in hard situation.
shweta.bh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Drjekyll)
I also thought i should have however i wanted to catch their bluff since VFS isnt actually the embassy, I dont understand why they would have such a ridiculous system! Any visa should be done as soon as possible..
When is the last date for you to get to the uni?

A friend of mine applied using the priority service. They said it would take at least a week to get a reply. Funny how her family had to pay BD. 61/- each, only to find out that they got the visa on the next day! Money making business. :grr:

I'm supposed to fly on the 24th of this month, and if they take 4 weeks, I'm definitely not getting my stuff until the 21st...which is waaaay too late for me.

(Original post by dactung93)
I knew it would took 3-4 weeks to process the Visa so I book the appointment for VISA on 23/Aug.
My school worked so badly that I could not have CAS in time (all my documents have been ready for a long time).
I changed the appointment date to the best possible day which I could still get my visa few day before the flight.
Now, everything is collapsed because CAS came on today morning after few days chasing them, forcing them to process my CAS quickly.
It took 2 days for CAS to be issued and more than 1 week to stay on their list for nothing.
If I renew my Visa in Vietnam, I will miss the flight (have to book a new one), miss the freshmen week.
I am really in hard situation.
When is your appointment? Since you're already too late, I think it's a lot better to opt for the priority service, else you'll be missing out the freshers week, and maybe even a lot more later. It's been two weeks since I applied, and I don't see no change in my application status. I'm so annoyed. :mad:
Drjekyll
Rep:
?
My uni starts on the 16th, actual lectures start on 23rd and i have to move in by 12th!
shweta.bh
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eish..you're too late
shahad_
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Drjekyll)
I've been told my tier 4 visa will take a month, if thats the case then ill miss everything, including a weeks worth of lectures. Lectures start on the 23rd of sept and i sent in my visa application on the 29th of this month. I tried to call their bluff by not paying the priority fee of 120 GBP but now I'm worried.
Hello,
I know this is after 4 years but what did u do?
Since I'm in the same situation. I submitted my visa yesterday and forgot to sign the visa declaration. The supervisor told me that that page is not scanned but I'm not sure if it's true.
Also, how did u track ur application??
shahad_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shweta.bh)
Hey there,

How did u track ur application
Sazz67
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shahad_)
Hello,
I know this is after 4 years but what did u do?
Since I'm in the same situation. I submitted my visa yesterday and forgot to sign the visa declaration. The supervisor told me that that page is not scanned but I'm not sure if it's true.
Also, how did u track ur application??
Hi, I was just goin through this thread, because im worried as well, and found someone in same situation as me in 2017 :P so thought we could relate. Where are u applying from? I applied throu VFS from Oman, I didnt opt for priority, and im aware that we're supposed to wait atleast 15 working days(3 weeks), so ive kept that much time in hand. I applied on the 6th of aug and my classes start on 11 sept. According to me theres not really much time left and I wished to actually arrive more earlier but its okay now, i just hope i get the visa now with enough time in hand to atleast not miss the first class and welcome week. I still don have a response, its been 2weeks. Also the maximum deadline for us to arrive latest arrive is by 25 sept(late arrival) or we will be denied to enroll this session. I just hope i can make it. What about u?
I tried everything, I dont think theres a possible way to track ur application, atleast not if ur applying from outside the UK. I opted for an SMS option which would update me but still nothing on that either.
shahad_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
I applied from vfs global kuwait.
They emailed me the confirmation email yesterday and I paid for the priority service (7-10 working days) but they say it's not guaranteed because it's crowded now.
I already booked my flight and I hope the best of both of usπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Menna.amk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sazz67)
Hi, I was just goin through this thread, because im worried as well, and found someone in same situation as me in 2017 :P so thought we could relate. Where are u applying from? I applied throu VFS from Oman, I didnt opt for priority, and im aware that we're supposed to wait atleast 15 working days(3 weeks), so ive kept that much time in hand. I applied on the 6th of aug and my classes start on 11 sept. According to me theres not really much time left and I wished to actually arrive more earlier but its okay now, i just hope i get the visa now with enough time in hand to atleast not miss the first class and welcome week. I still don have a response, its been 2weeks. Also the maximum deadline for us to arrive latest arrive is by 25 sept(late arrival) or we will be denied to enroll this session. I just hope i can make it. What about u?
I tried everything, I dont think theres a possible way to track ur application, atleast not if ur applying from outside the UK. I opted for an SMS option which would update me but still nothing on that either.
Hi,

I'm in the exact situation as you actually, my application was sent from the UAE on the 7th of August and I didn't choose the priority processing because they told me the standard processing takes from 15-20 days. I got an email on the 21st of August saying that my application just arrived in the UK office and is being assessed. Then by the end of the week I got an email asking me to send scanned copies of my documents again and I had to go to VFS again to re-scan my documents. Since then, I haven't heard anything about the visa. I assumed 20 days was the max number of days and I will probably have my visa within that timeframe. Unfortunately I am still waiting for the decision and my course starts in less than 10 days. It is so incredibly stressful.
Tayyabshabbirtsr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi
I applied from vfs global kuwait.
They emailed me the confirmation email yesterday and I paid for the priority service (7-10 working days) but they say it's not guaranteed because it's crowded now.
I already booked my flight and I hope the best of both of usπŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»
Hey, I applied through VFS Kuwait too. Can you please tell me if you've received your visa and how much time did it take after your biometric appointment to get it. Thanks
shahad_
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tayyabshabbirtsr)
Hey, I applied through VFS Kuwait too. Can you please tell me if you've received your visa and how much time did it take after your biometric appointment to get it. Thanks
I opted for priority service which finishes in 7-10 days, and it finished in around 7-9 days.
Don't wait for your appointment, just go and pay for premium lounge and they will take your application or go from 4-5 and pay for a walk in
Leyyaj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im giving up my accommodation at liberty heights a private student accommodation in Manchester as I will no longer be studying in U.K. it's a classic studio with your own bathroom and kitchen for Β£186pw. If you are interested let me know asap
Tayyabshabbirtsr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I opted for priority service which finishes in 7-10 days, and it finished in around 7-9 days.
Don't wait for your appointment, just go and pay for premium lounge and they will take your application or go from 4-5 and pay for a walk in
I wish I knew I could do that earlier. I already had my appointment yesterday and paid for priority. I'm guessing you applied some time ago when they would have been less busy so I should expect mine to arrive sometime next week. I saw loads of people fighting yesterday with the staff regarding the delays and one of the staff told me that it's taking longer than a month for people to get their visas and that priority only promises that we get it earlier than normal applicants instead of promising a time frame as it's very busy so I'm just hoping for the best.
Menna.amk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone applied for a standard (not priority) Tier 4 visa in early August and heard back yet? I'm asking to know if there is any hope that I will get the visa by the 22nd of September because so far I haven't heard of anyone who applied (non priority) and got their visa by now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (180)
24.73%
Better than expected (146)
20.05%
Worse than expected (402)
55.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed