The Student Room Group

[PLEASE HELP] Got into university, bad a-level grade, resubmit 1 coursework?

Hi could you please help me, I am 19 and starting university this September and finished a levels.
I had lower grades than was stated but was accepted, the requirement was BBC and I got CCD,

I could have got a B in one of the grades but due to 1 coursework not able to be marked I only got a C, is it possible to send off the coursework it is already done and sitting at home to get a grade B instead of C?

It is already done however I have stayed 3 years at college and 19 now so it might not be possible to send off without paying for it? Or is it possible to send it as a private candidate or something? Maybe before university it could be sent through the college or while I am at uni? I am starting in sep

I thought it would be good to send it to be marked as the coursework is already done and it might help in securing a placement in the sandwich year with a higher a level grade, and also for employment , can you please help me thank you
Reply 1
Please help ;(
Reply 2
I would suggest contacting your college about this. If there is a good reason why it was not marked at the time, you may be able to get it marked free of charge if not, they could always enter you for a resit next year, just for the coursework, or if not, the whole course and just submit the coursework, as you'd get the same grade that you got in the exam last year anyway. I'm sure they will want to help you to do this, as it will make their results look better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Would it be possible even if I have left the college
Reply 4
Original post by Timm012
Hi could you please help me, I am 19 and starting university this September and finished a levels.
I had lower grades than was stated but was accepted, the requirement was BBC and I got CCD,

I could have got a B in one of the grades but due to 1 coursework not able to be marked I only got a C, is it possible to send off the coursework it is already done and sitting at home to get a grade B instead of C?

It is already done however I have stayed 3 years at college and 19 now so it might not be possible to send off without paying for it? Or is it possible to send it as a private candidate or something? Maybe before university it could be sent through the college or while I am at uni? I am starting in sep

If you want to re-enter the coursework unit then you would have to find someone to mark the work who is able to authenticate it as yours as they know your style. The only real option for this is your college. Go and talk to them and see if they are willing to help. You are likely to be charged for the exam entry.

Quick Reply

Latest