The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Why so many negative reviews?

Hi, I'm considering apply to CSM/LCC/CCW for an art foundation course or graphic design (LCC takes students without completing a foundation course)

So I started researching online, and all the reviews are very negative mentioning complete lack of organisation, tutors who don't care, and poor resources, lectures are often canceled and the student union is basically unheard of -- also saying that the college just wants to take your money.

What are your experiences at these collages (for any course) are you satisfied? any complaints?

EDIT : I did more research and got my questions answered, I will be applying.

Sorry don't know how to delete the thread...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by contradicta
Hi, I'm considering apply to CSM/LCC/CCW for an art foundation course or graphic design (LCC takes students without completing a foundation course)

So I started researching online, and all the reviews are very negative mentioning complete lack of organisation, tutors who don't care, and poor resources, lectures are often canceled and the student union is basically unheard of -- also saying that the college just wants to take your money.

What are your experiences at these collages (for any course) are you satisfied? any complaints?

EDIT : I did more research and got my questions answered, I will be applying.

Sorry don't know how to delete the thread...

just to warn you i studied a foundation course at london college of communication did graphic design as my chosen pathway and was bullied by one of the tutors here

websites you should see before applying

http://bulliedacademics.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/special-place-in-our-hearts.html

http://bulliedacademics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/what-is-going-on-at-london-college-of.html
(edited 10 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm sorry you had to go through that, and thank you for this information - I'm reconsidering.
i did the CCW foundation and loved it - best year of my life. the numbers are large but so are the spaces and tutors, who where all wonderful in my experience. couldn't say a bad word. you also get the benefit of the internal progression scheme which is where you're guaranteed a place for degree within UAL provided you meet basic attendance requirements and..do work haha.

just bare in mind that you can only apply to one UAL foundation course so choose wisely! i don't know too much about the others but i have a friend who recently finished the course at LCC and loved it. i suggest going to open days for them though so you can get a feel for yourself. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending