hair GHD Watch

This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
ive just had my mingin hair restyled and im trés impressed! il get a photo to u all soon hehe

obviosuly ijn the end i decided out to have it. its layered and has a side fring feathered into my face, i look soooooooooo different.

anyhowz, the point of this is, she straigtened my hair with GHD's. but i didnt have enuf to buy those straightners so i went to argos and got babyliss oens for $50. will they work jsut has good?

ivalso bought some UV collurs to streak in my hair wen i go out. do they work too? its a wash in wash out but u keep using it til its all gone
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
take the babyliss ones back. They have the £50 babyliss ceramic straighteners on special offer in boots for £20!!
I have the babyliss ones and they work fine for me.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
ive just had my mingin hair restyled and im trés impressed! il get a photo to u all soon hehe

obviosuly ijn the end i decided out to have it. its layered and has a side fring feathered into my face, i look soooooooooo different.

anyhowz, the point of this is, she straigtened my hair with GHD's. but i didnt have enuf to buy those straightners so i went to argos and got babyliss oens for $50. will they work jsut has good?

ivalso bought some UV collurs to streak in my hair wen i go out. do they work too? its a wash in wash out but u keep using it til its all gone
I've got Babyliss straighteners! They're ok if I use lots of wax on my hair (which is v v thick), and should be perfectly fine for people with normal hair. I'm thinking of getting ceramic ones though, as it takes ages to straighten all my hair!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
take the babyliss ones back. They have the £50 babyliss ceramic straighteners on special offer in boots for £20!!
I have the babyliss ones and they work fine for me.
really? r u sure?? it was bought on debit card so can i have the cash instead??
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well check whether they;ve got them at your local boots first I only got mine on saturday so they are definitely still on offer at my boots. The money would have to go back on the debit card.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My sister bought them yesterday for £16. But we don't have tax here. I got remington ceramic ones for £25 a couple of months ago, they're great, just the same as GHD.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by picju96)
My sister bought them yesterday for £16. But we don't have tax here. I got remington ceramic ones for £25 a couple of months ago, they're great, just the same as GHD.
wow thanks picju and viviki, im gona go take these bk in half hour and get the money back of ma dad form the bank. il let ya no whihc ones i get!

well actually, whihc ones do u all reccommned, includin the remmington ones
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yep you can also get pretty good ceramic straighteners cheap on ebay. The price of the ceramic ones has dropped recently you can get them a lot cheaper than £50 now.
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by picju96)
There are some cheap ceramic ones in Argos at the mo - see here
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ghd... make friends with a hairdresser or ask your mum or dad if you can have them instead of an easter egg
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think my babyliss ones are decent.

As you can see there are others for under £20

http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/search.jsp?catId=100164013&siteS earchQuery=ceramic+hair+straight eners&x=13&y=4
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
ghd... make friends with a hairdresser or ask your mum or dad if you can have them instead of an easter egg
lol that wont work!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
i think my babyliss ones are decent.

As you can see there are others for under £20

http://www.kelkoo.co.uk/search.jsp?c...eners&x=13&y=4

i wont b able to buy off the internet dads funny about that
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
http://search.ebay.co.uk/ws/search/SaleSearch?ht=1&maxrecordsreturn ed=300&salocatedincountry=3&sati tle=hair+straighteners&socurrenc ydisplay=2&sorecordsperpage=50&s osortorder=1&sosortproperty=3

the only problem with ebay is that you dont get a quality guarantee but my mate got a great set off ebay.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[/url]
i wont b able to buy off the internet dads funny about that
yep but kelkoo is just a price comparison database some of the ones on there you can get from the shops.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol that wont work!
it's worked a couple of times for me... hehehe

I can't really recommend any others because they're the only ones I've used... But one of my friends had some chunky remingtons that were about 50 quid and quite good.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
well im gona take these £50 ones bac to argos, and then go down to boots and see what they have. or nip to boots 1st.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
iv heard the slim ons r better... i have chunky ones now and there a bit not-good
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
mine are the babyliss pro slimline ceramic straighteners and they were £20 also theres triple points on at boots at the mo so use your boots card when you buy them and you are quids in.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
mine are the babyliss pro slimline ceramic straighteners and they were £20 also theres triple points on at boots at the mo so use your boots card when you buy them and you are quids in.
well the ones i have r babyliss experts solid ceramic straightening irons. £50 from argos. is it worth takin them back and shopin at boots or is that the going rate?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (203)
12.7%
Excited (139)
8.69%
Worried (291)
18.2%
Terrified (363)
22.7%
Meh (143)
8.94%
Confused (35)
2.19%
Putting on a brave face (221)
13.82%
Impatient (204)
12.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise