This discussion is closed.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well mine work fine and my hair can be quite unruly. I'd save the £30 if I was you. Mine retail at £50 but I've seen them elsewhere for as much as £69 so I think they are a bargain!!
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
well mine work fine and my hair can be quite unruly. I'd save the £30 if I was you. Mine retail at £50 but I've seen them elsewhere for as much as £69 so I think they are a bargain!!
so ur sayin to take these oens back and go to boots?
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.body4real.com/Html/babyli...raightener.htm

These are mine I think they look the same anyway.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
http://www.body4real.com/Html/babyli...raightener.htm

These are mine I think they look the same anyway.
slightly different to mine. wen u get them? u said theyr good didnt u... they on offer in boots then?

sorry i sound thick, im doin a thousand things at once
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
ive just had my mingin hair restyled and im trés impressed! il get a photo to u all soon hehe

obviosuly ijn the end i decided out to have it. its layered and has a side fring feathered into my face, i look soooooooooo different.

anyhowz, the point of this is, she straigtened my hair with GHD's. but i didnt have enuf to buy those straightners so i went to argos and got babyliss oens for $50. will they work jsut has good?

ivalso bought some UV collurs to streak in my hair wen i go out. do they work too? its a wash in wash out but u keep using it til its all gone
Damn, I was expecting a thesis on an economic policy.

I guess I'll have to wait.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
damn I got ripped off with my ghds, I payed £97 for them and they were the classic ones, not the salon wide ones... ah well I suppose I'd burn myself even more with bigger ones.

HINT: Straightners get really hot (I managed to burn my scalp in a straight line by accident)
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
look here:

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_li...tionid=1021505
Powerline
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt a babyliss straightener would work half as good as a GHD... (especially looking at the price!!!)

do you know what GHD stands for? (i heard it stands for Good Hair Day, which sounds way too simple)
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Powerline)
I doubt a babyliss straightener would work half as good as a GHD... (especially looking at the price!!!)

do you know what GHD stands for? (i heard it stands for Good Hair Day, which sounds way too simple)
no it really is good hair day...

My hairddresser persuaded me to buy ghds more than a year ago, before the hype, hehehe
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The ones that are on the boots site arent the ones that I have. I dont have incredibly difficult hair so I dont need GHD ones my friend has them and they are good for her because her hair is impossibly curly normally but its a waste of money for me.
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
right, iv juts taken those £50 ones back, and comin up town on monday to boots for the ones viviki mentioned.

my hair looks amazin now tho, i wont b able to get it like this again.

ah well. i really really wana save and get some amazin GHD ones. i just cant fathom out which ones r better than them and how much
Anu
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
ive just had my mingin hair restyled and im trés impressed! il get a photo to u all soon hehe

obviosuly ijn the end i decided out to have it. its layered and has a side fring feathered into my face, i look soooooooooo different.

anyhowz, the point of this is, she straigtened my hair with GHD's. but i didnt have enuf to buy those straightners so i went to argos and got babyliss oens for $50. will they work jsut has good?

ivalso bought some UV collurs to streak in my hair wen i go out. do they work too? its a wash in wash out but u keep using it til its all gone

Nope.

THe cheaper ones are often COATED ceramic, thus you go outside and youll be curly/frizzy again.

The more expensive ones...from about 70 upwards are SOLID ceramic. Yeah baby!
fifi53
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Anu)
Nope.

THe cheaper ones are often COATED ceramic, thus you go outside and youll be curly/frizzy again.

The more expensive ones...from about 70 upwards are SOLID ceramic. Yeah baby!
i got the aforementioned (by viviki) babylis pro ones... 20 quid down from 50 bargain in boots. theyre solid ceramic, not coated and i hate to say it but they work better than when i have used GHD ones!!!! my friend, who incidentally works as a hair salon recpetionist, had a set of GHDs... oh yeah, before they BLEW UP!!! she refused to get another set after that and the hairdressers in the salon recommended the babylis ones - and she passed on the recommendation to me, by which time they were reduced . the handles are way more comfy too, and they seem to leave my hair shinier... BAAARGAIN.
charlord
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
GHD = good for curling and starightening and very quick
otherwise all hair straighters bascially do the same thing
uv = very cool! i use them and they look great
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.36%
No (596)
65.64%

Watched Threads