The Student Room Group

I think I've successfully gone through clearing. Need help!

Basically last year, I applied to do a course at UCLAN which would have been starting Sept 2012. I ended up changing my mind on Uni and working for a while. I ended up losing my job a few months ago, I have been looking since, but decided I'd try clearing.

So I have phoned up today and asked if there were any places at the course I want to study (which I'd already gained an offer for last year). I got a reply and the course leader said because I've been given an offer for the course last year they'd be happy to give me a place.

I've rushed around this afternoon emailing details over to the admissions department. Which all seems to be sorted now, and I'm just waiting on them to give me a reply.

Now, I haven't applied through UCAS at all this year, and I haven't applied for student finance, and I need some help.

Firstly, because I didn't use UCAS, I've been emailed a form by admissions, which is basically a mini ucas application, I've sent this back and I'm waiting on their confirmation (which I'm assuming will be Monday?). When it comes to accepting my offer, I've heard I have to do it through UCAS, how would I go about this?

Secondly, I've spent most of the evening trying to sort out Student Finance, I have completed the online application, but when it comes to the section about parents supporting, I registered them, but my Dad hasn't got any emails with a password, etc but it does say he's linked to me. My Mum has but it says she isn't linked to me.
Reply 1
How have you "heard" you need to do it though UCAS? If it's just through a friend or on TSR or wherever then ignore it - there is another way to apply, and it sounds like the mini form was an RPA. s
Reply 2
Yes the form I filled was an RPA. But I was told by the course leader that once the offer had gone through the Uni's system, I would have to accept it on UCAS.

She must think I'm already registered with UCAS this year, so I was just wondering what happens if I am not.
What you are doing is called Direct Entry (ie. without UCAS) and not unusual in situations like this where they 'know' you and its last minute etc. Clearly whoever you spoke to thinks you are a UCAS applicant. Phone the Admissions Office at the Uni (or email them this weekend) and explain the situation and ask 'What do I need to do now, as I do not have any sort of current UCAS application'. They probably still have a residual record for you on their data system, so it wont be too difficult for them to drag this out of cold storage and make it current.
Reply 4
Okay thank you.
I think the admissions guy I spoke to earlier today knows I don't have a current UCAS account, it was just the course leader that didn't.
I have emailed him anyway asking what's next basically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending