The Student Room Group

A-level choices help!

Okay, I got my AS results and got Us in biology and maths, it's because I didn't revise as much like I started basically a week before so yeah my fault, anyhu now I'm starting college and doing year 12 again I've chosen maths, sociology and history. I already have AS's in chemistry and economics and was wondering if I can still do medicine? My college doesn't do chemistry or biology so I can't do those :frown: I don't know what to do! Like I'm quite smart and can manage As if I put the work into it! What do I do at uni? Like I still wanna do medicine or dentistry even if it means going through the graduate route, It's easy to get the medical experience as my mums a doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
You need chemistry to do medicine and at least one other science at A-Level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by m.dot.mak
You need chemistry to do medicine and at least one other science at A-Level

Posted from TSR Mobile

Russell group like 3 sciences (Maths, chem, bio, physics, further maths at a push)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Medicine and Dentistry both require chemistry to A2 and preferably biology A2. If you really want to do one of these courses then I suggest you should try doing your A levels at a different college or 6th form
Reply 5
If I am to do a degree and then do medicine like do a graduate course, which degree should I do? Apparently radiology or psychology or human biology helps in securing a place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest