The Student Room Group

What did you get for gcse history?

I got an A... Originally my target was a B but on mock exams I failed and got an E and failed all history tests too.. On parents evening my teacher said to my mum, that my target is a C and I will most likely fail... I revised like a week before and got an A at gcse... I was targeted a C/D so just wondering what everyone else got

Scroll to see replies

B after being predicted a D but that was 2 years ago :smile:
Reply 2
I achieved a C, but was thoroughly disgruntled with the History syllabus.

Regurgitation of trivial textbook material was never my strong point, and my result certainly does not reflect the wealth of historical knowledge that I have built up by reading about things that interest me, in a way that engages me. Unfortunately none of this was any help in my exam.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I got 100% on both CA's and the first exam... then got 72/90 on the last exam which was the one I was the most confident with? idk haha, a* overall so I'm happy :smile: AQA right?
Reply 4
A* on OCR, I have no idea how. I thought I would get a C

Only did 30mins of revision the night before
A*, I was so proud of myself :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A* in Edexcel History A, 386/400. Seriously dont know how the hell i did that. Got 100 UMS in cold war exam and the CA and 93 in the source and america exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
A miserable A, but I did get A*s in both coursework pieces. :smile:
Reply 8
A* AQA History :smile:
I got a C but was predicted A* I was going through a rough time and couldn't concentrate which is why I underachieved, but that's still no excuse. I know I should've done better but the past is the past and there's nothing I can do to change it.
Reply 10
A* with OCR, predicted an A. :smile:
A* with OCR after being predicted a B :smile:
A B in OCR History after getting Es on all of the mocks and being predicted a D.
I got an A on the controlled assessment, though.
Reply 13
A* in Edexcel History A
I was predicted to get an A*. :smile:
(100,95,94,85)
(edited 10 years ago)
A* *happy face* was predicted a C at the start of the year lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I got an A* in edexcel history spec B. I was predicted C as well. B in unit 1, 100% in unit 2 and 3, and an A* in the CA. I'm really happy with it, considering that I didn't resit the B I got in the first exam.
B predicted A... flopped
Reply 17
A* in both of my exams and coursework! I got full marks in my source paper as told by my hist teacher! Wow.. Just wow haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA HistoryA:
A*, 198/200... somehow
Edexcel History B: I got 351/400 so an A, 9 ums off an A*

Quick Reply

Latest