The Student Room Group

Can't find a job

Okay so I've given so many interviews with great feedbacks but never got a job. I've been trying for so long. I have applied everywhere. What should I do? I need a job, uni is starting soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I think that employers are not too keen on taking on someone who will be heading off to uni quite soon. Having said that, I think you should keep trying, a lot of employers could be looking out for someone that they may need for just a few weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubble27
Okay so I've given so many interviews with great feedbacks but never got a job. I've been trying for so long. I have applied everywhere. What should I do? I need a job, uni is starting soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you tried applying for a job through an agency? I did that the day before yesterday and am starting next week :biggrin:
I think most employers are not keen on employing people part time when they could employ full time workers who are not going to university, etc (less money wasted on training as they are more likely to stay with them)
Are you looking for a general job (fast food worker, etc)?
Reply 3
I haven't. Which agencies in London? If you could help. I don't mind any job really as long as its part time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't. Which agencies in London? If you could help. I don't mind any job really as long as its part time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I don't live in London. I came across the agency in my area online, applied and got a call the next day. Have you looked online?
Try waitrose they like to employ people on a part time basis e.g ten hours a week nice benefits good training and they employed me after I got rejected from KFC and SAINSBURYS! Just keep trying
Reply 6
Original post by neal95
Try waitrose they like to employ people on a part time basis e.g ten hours a week nice benefits good training and they employed me after I got rejected from KFC and SAINSBURYS! Just keep trying

Waitrose never get back to me, I applied twice :/ I'm gonna try again. How long do they take to reply to your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by EvasiveRose
Sorry I don't live in London. I came across the agency in my area online, applied and got a call the next day. Have you looked online?

I have looked online. I registered with a teaching agency I have experience in that field a lot but never got work. I'm gonna try few more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have looked online. I registered with a teaching agency I have experience in that field a lot but never got work. I'm gonna try few more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. The agency I applied to are both based in Slough and High Wycombe though or you could try calling them up and registering your interest (only problem is you have to fill paperwork out)
Reply 9
Sorry I couldn't have been of more help. The agency I applied to are both based in Slough and High Wycombe though or you could try calling them up and registering your interest (only problem is you have to fill paperwork out)

Thank you for the information. I'm gonna try local since slough is really far for me. I'll start looking when Im settled in uni, too much stress right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the information. I'm gonna try local since slough is really far for me. I'll start looking when Im settled in uni, too much stress right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay. Good luck for university.
If you haven't found a job before Christmas, thats your best best for trying to make some money

Posted from TSR Mobile

All of them, I should think. :tongue:

I've just started a job through Gap Personnel. They only really offer industrial work on a temporary basis, though - if you're just looking for work in retail, they won't be much help. I'm sure you could find the names and addresses of some recruitment agencies in your local area if you spend a few minutes on Google.
Reply 12
Okay. Good luck for university.
If you haven't found a job before Christmas, thats your best best for trying to make some money

Thank you. I could try in beauty salon since I can do threading and waxing. I'm before off renting a chair and earn myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Kaiser MacCleg
All of them, I should think. :tongue:

I've just started a job through Gap Personnel. They only really offer industrial work on a temporary basis, though - if you're just looking for work in retail, they won't be much help. I'm sure you could find the names and addresses of some recruitment agencies in your local area if you spend a few minutes on Google.

Ah I needed this. Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending