The Student Room Group

Question regarding predicted grades?

Ok I wanted to ask a question but not sure how to exactly put it so here I go with a bit of background on my situation:

So basically I've obtained by A-level results and they were nothing spectacular, my desired course to do at University is Mechanical Engineering but due to my grades my predicted will not be around the requirement for Mechanical Engineering. I've been suggested and I thought about it myself to do Engineering with an integrated foundation year and the requirement for that is BCC to CCC it varies according to the admissions tutor.

Now I believe my predicted grades will be around the integrated foundation year course requirement so I will have to apply for that. Since my exam results I've gathered a new passion and new ambition to work harder than ever and to prove my teachers wrong, this isn't me being delusional or giving myself a false sense of hope that I can achieve the best, it's my renewed confidence and passion to achieve the best and knowing I can if I work harder than before.

So now take this what if I've gotten the predicted grades for the integrated foundation year course and I've done my personal statement and sent it off to the universities and lets say I get the place for that foundation year course. Now after my A2 results what if I get e.g. ABB or AAB or something along the lines of that and with those results I do fit in to the requirement for the original Mechanical Engineering course and don't have to do the extra year. Now what if I get those results how can I get into my original desired course and not the foundation year course? I hear people talking about Clearing and Adjustment but please brief it to me according to my scenario.

Thank you.
Original post by StudentSS
Ok I wanted to ask a question but not sure how to exactly put it so here I go with a bit of background on my situation:

So basically I've obtained by A-level results and they were nothing spectacular, my desired course to do at University is Mechanical Engineering but due to my grades my predicted will not be around the requirement for Mechanical Engineering. I've been suggested and I thought about it myself to do Engineering with an integrated foundation year and the requirement for that is BCC to CCC it varies according to the admissions tutor.

Now I believe my predicted grades will be around the integrated foundation year course requirement so I will have to apply for that. Since my exam results I've gathered a new passion and new ambition to work harder than ever and to prove my teachers wrong, this isn't me being delusional or giving myself a false sense of hope that I can achieve the best, it's my renewed confidence and passion to achieve the best and knowing I can if I work harder than before.

So now take this what if I've gotten the predicted grades for the integrated foundation year course and I've done my personal statement and sent it off to the universities and lets say I get the place for that foundation year course. Now after my A2 results what if I get e.g. ABB or AAB or something along the lines of that and with those results I do fit in to the requirement for the original Mechanical Engineering course and don't have to do the extra year. Now what if I get those results how can I get into my original desired course and not the foundation year course? I hear people talking about Clearing and Adjustment but please brief it to me according to my scenario.

Thank you.

If you beat your offer you can go into adjustment. You keep your original offer while you shop around for other courses in adjustment. If one takes you, that replaces the previous place you had.

Clearing is similar, but does not require you to beat your offer and you must be released ie surrender your existing place before you can approach other universities.

Adjustment runs for 5 days. Clearing runs for over a month but the best can be sold out quickly.
In addition to what nulli had said, if neither option works for you, then you have two options:
- stick with your original offer
- take a gap year and reapply

Also, if you have exceeded your offer, then don't go into Clearing. Adjustment is what's there for you - it's basically a no risk version of Clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending