The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to my firm?

At this point should I consider taking a gap year and reapplying?
Reply 1
Original post by 232aa

If you are sure then, yes

But make sure that this is not just cold feet
Reply 2
Original post by 232aa

If you are 100% sure and this isn't nerves about going to university then yes. Your insurance offer was declined the moment you got into your firm and most universities have long since filled all their vacancies.
Reply 3
A bit more information would be helpful
Reply 4
Original post by Nitrogen
A bit more information would be helpful

Well I have got into Loughborough University but ever since not choosing Bath during adjustment I have regretted it. I feel like I should have put more thought into my university place at the start of the process but due to my uncertainty then, I had plans of not going to university at all. Loughborough is great but I just have strong doubts with future employment, too many guys (I know Bath is also sporty), the town itself etc. It probably is cold feet as well but I generally feel that I am going to hate it there.
Reply 5
What course?

Loughborough has an excellent reputation in some depts., how does it fair vs the corresponding Bath one? Or is it just the Uni itself?
Reply 6
Original post by Folion
What course?

Loughborough has an excellent reputation in some depts., how does it fair vs the corresponding Bath one? Or is it just the Uni itself?

Engineering. Systems Engineering.
Reply 7
Original post by 232aa

I dont want to sound arrogant, but you spent one year working so hard to get into your firm and now you dont want to , its quite stupid and you wasted the universities time, you should made your decision before making your firm and insurance choices!

If you want to reject the university then you have to take a gap year.
Reply 8
I got into my firm but got an offer from a better Uni through clearing and chose them instead. I had to email my firm and ask them to release me into clearing which they did within the hour and I was accepted by the other Uni. That was the day after results day however and places are all but taken in most Uni's so I would get on the phone ASAP!.

hope this helped :biggrin:
Original post by HK786
I got into my firm but got an offer from a better Uni through clearing and chose them instead. I had to email my firm and ask them to release me into clearing which they did within the hour and I was accepted by the other Uni. That was the day after results day however and places are all but taken in most Uni's so I would get on the phone ASAP!.

hope this helped :biggrin:

Adjustment only lasts 5 days and is over now.
Reply 10
Original post by 232aa
Well I have got into Loughborough University but ever since not choosing Bath during adjustment I have regretted it. I feel like I should have put more thought into my university place at the start of the process but due to my uncertainty then, I had plans of not going to university at all. Loughborough is great but I just have strong doubts with future employment, too many guys (I know Bath is also sporty), the town itself etc. It probably is cold feet as well but I generally feel that I am going to hate it there.

Worried about future employment at Loughborough WITH ENGINEERING?:biggrin: You'll be fine, it's one of the reasons I firmed it actually. This sounds like nerves, I'm sure once you get there you'll love it. In terms of more guys? It doesn't matter, they're not aliens what are you scared of lol (or just find me if you want females, I'm not exactly doing systems engineering but in the same dept i guess :P)

Leicester is 20 mins away, the town is about 10 minute walk from campus..? You firmed it so there must have been something that really appealed to you?
Reply 11
Original post by TenOfThem
If you are sure then, yes

But make sure that this is not just cold feet

yeah but its so difficult to tell if its not just cold feet
Reply 12
Loughborough's engineering department is excellent; you have no need to worry about future employability. My brother does engineering there and he's already got an internship for next summer, and he's only just completed his first year. As for girls - they will exist at Loughborough. There are plenty of other subjects, and plenty of sporty/non-sporty females who'd be around. There's really nothing to worry about.
Original post by Patience12
I dont want to sound arrogant, but you spent one year working so hard to get into your firm and now you dont want to , its quite stupid and you wasted the universities time, you should made your decision before making your firm and insurance choices!

If you want to reject the university then you have to take a gap year.

Some people are not ready for university straight after school. Just because he decides not to go to university does not mean hes wasted a year he has probably learn a lot in terms of his subject organising time and revision.
Reply 14
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Adjustment only lasts 5 days and is over now.

It wasn't adjustment.
Original post by HK786
It wasn't adjustment.

Sorry, my bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending