GCSE AQA Statistics (Higher) Revision Notes

Watch
Haris786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello everyone.

I sat my GCSE higher statistics exam in June 2013. It was an exam I was very tense about as it seems easy but it harder than it looks. I had created a 20 page revision booklet to help me revise that matches the specification exactly. It includes all the topics needed in the book. It is high quality and would easily get you an A* as long as you understand and revise from the sheet properly. It is not exam questions or practice but purely contains what you need to learn which is the most important thing you need heading into the exam. I got a really high A* in my exam with practically a week of studying as the revision sheet really helped.

I am debating when to post the revision sheet as it is really early because the academic year has yet to start. The sheet will help too with Edexcel and OCR exams as all three exam boards cover literally the same stuff
Haris786
Rep:
?
Attached in the word document are the first two pages of the revision sheet. They are the simplest topics but if you feel they are well explained, please leave positive rep and the sheet should be up in no time Whatever comes later in the sheet is better as there are worked diagrams etc.
Haris786
Rep:
?
The current specification changed in June 2011 and the previous specification lasted for close to a decade so don't worry about the specification changing. It will stay the same until at least 2015/2016 and even if it does change, the changes are so small that it doesn't make a difference. I also have some notes on Data Analysis and Interpretation (what I believe is the hardest part of the exam) which I will release if requested
Haris786
Rep:
?
This is the sample
Haris786
Rep:
?
Here is the revision booklet
GCSEfreak
Badges: 0
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Haris786)
Here is the revision booklet
is that the whole booklet? Im pretty sure that there is a lot more to learn? :confused:
Haris786
Rep:
?
(Original post by GCSEfreak)
is that the whole booklet? Im pretty sure that there is a lot more to learn? :confused:
It is 20 pages. That is all you need to know. It is obviously summarised but it covers the spec.
pje1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The exam is the easy bit.

The coursework *shudders at the thought of it* is what you really need to make sure you get right.
Haris786
Rep:
?
Very true. Wise words. I'm sharing resources for examples so you guys can base your coursework and revision around my resources. Please do not copy what I have or use my coursework in my exams as you will be in big trouble as well as I. I do not encourage cheating or copying, especially with my resources.
Haris786
Rep:
?
(Original post by pje1000)
The exam is the easy bit.

The coursework *shudders at the thought of it* is what you really need to make sure you get right.
Well it's not difficult but just takes time. Remember it is only worth 25% of your gcse so even an A in the coursework can get you an A* in Stats with a reasonable A* in the main paper (grade boundaries are always ridiculously low).
pje1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by GCSEfreak)
what did u get for the CA? Can I have ur CA Please?
An A*...can't remember how many marks though...

and I'm afraid not, also will you probably be doing a different assignment than i was!
pje1000
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Haris786)
Well it's not difficult but just takes time. Remember it is only worth 25% of your gcse so even an A in the coursework can get you an A* in Stats with a reasonable A* in the main paper (grade boundaries are always ridiculously low).
True, I left mine all until the last two nights before the deadline, so I inevitably found it more difficult than most.

It it, fortunately very easy in terms of mathematical/statistical(?) ability needed to complete it, even if it is mind numbingly boring.

Luckily, it, as the above poster said, is only worth 25%, and furthermore the exam is pretty easy - you get far too much time for the exam and the content is easy and to top it off, low grade boundaries!
Haris786
Rep:
?
(Original post by pje1000)
True, I left mine all until the last two nights before the deadline, so I inevitably found it more difficult than most.

It it, fortunately very easy in terms of mathematical/statistical(?) ability needed to complete it, even if it is mind numbingly boring.

Luckily, it, as the above poster said, is only worth 25%, and furthermore the exam is pretty easy - you get far too much time for the exam and the content is easy and to top it off, low grade boundaries!
All very true. One of the best GCSE's you can take. Basically a guaranteed A* if you work relatively hard.
BI0
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought this was great until you started asking for rep...

Like seriously?
Haris786
Rep:
?
(Original post by BI0)
I thought this was great until you started asking for rep...

Like seriously?
Sorry, I was immature then. Ignore everything about the rep. Take the resources and share them with people who are doing the exam as well
smarts101
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
looks good. can i the whole thing.
iLIKEkidsXxx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
NEEK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
28.1%
No (284)
71.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise