The Student Room Group

Self-funding at Oxford University

Hi everyone? Is there anyone who knows about how payment for self-funding at Oxford University is done? I've signed a financial guarantee but I can't work out how to actually pay. Also, this might be a stupid question, but do you need to register with student finance if you're privately funding uni?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by GapYearMedic
Hi everyone? Is there anyone who knows about how payment for self-funding at Oxford University is done? I've signed a financial guarantee but I can't work out how to actually pay. Also, this might be a stupid question, but do you need to register with student finance if you're privately funding uni?

the university should send you a bill and offer you ways to pay. at my uni on our online portal it has a finance section detailing any outstanding funds and explaining how to pay them which is accessible once you've registered online.
Reply 2
Original post by GapYearMedic

Not Oxford (this time round!) but I self-funded my first undergrad year and I was sent an invoice the month before enrolment which detailed ways to pay. There was an online system for credit and debit cards, or I could send in a cheque, or I could pay in person at the uni's campus Finance Office by cheque, credit/debit card or cash(!). You should be given a range of payment options.

With Oxford, funding will be handled at college level, so expect some form of communication from your college's Bursary about tuition and college accommodation fees. If in doubt, phone/email your college and ask.

Student Finance won't be interested, so there's no need to involve them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending