The Student Room Group

What is the hardest decision you have ever made?

Mine has probably been starting afresh in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In year 4 I was feeling really ill, felt like vomiting. Me and the class we're all sitting on the floor. The teacher was talking bs as usual. I was feeling claustrophobic and my head was spinning. It was either I continued to sit there and wait and hope for the vomit to go down or ask the teacher if I could go to the toilet.

I chose to stay there. It wasn't a wise choice. I lasted 10minutes before I puked out. And believe me it felt good. Especially as some of the vomit went on that annoying girl who I hated. Muhahha.
Reply 2
Fantasy footy transfer this week was a tough one. Lukaku has so much potential but just isn't getting the game time :cry2:
Reply 4
I have a rare medical condition which basically screws with my Heart and Kidneys. When I was pregnant with my little girl I spent the whole pregnancy on a Coronary Care Unit, at about 16 weeks my cardiologist said there was about an 80% chance I wouldn't survive until 24 weeks (when the baby has a chance of survival outside the womb) as I was in heart and renal failure. He strongly advised me to have a termination on medical grounds. I decided not to, and although I was ridiculously sick, I got to 28 weeks and she is now a beautiful, healthyish little girl.
Reply 5
Whether or not to quit uni to go full time.

Reputable Degree I'm not enjoying vs. Mediocre Job I am enjoying.

Worried that the decision will have a domino effect on my career.

Still haven't made my mind up.
A few weeks back, I got my A Level results and thankfully, managed to secure my place at university. I worked very hard for it, for years because it's always been a dream of mine to study in a renowned school away from home. Then, I was at a crossroad because my mother was diagnosed with stage IV cancer remission after 13 years and I had to make a decision if I were to study locally in my home country and give up on my dreams to study overseas in a school I worked so hard for all my life or leave home and my mother to study at my dream school. So my family and I made a collective decision together that I would take a gap year and be my mother's caregiver, putting her ahead of my own dreams so she can get better. I don't regret the decision at all because family is everything to me but I would always think about how nice it would be to experience life in a new place with my friends who are all about to go overseas before me. This year has definitely been the hardest year I've ever had to go through, period.
Whether to pour milk in first or cereal
Pirates or ninjas?
To go back into education and do the thing in life I am most passionate about. This meant leaving work and totally reworking my life, but you only get one life, so I may as well live it the way I will enjoy it the most.
Toss up between two, the first is similar to the above, I've decided to quit my job and go to uni full time once I've done my A levels. Also means selling my flat, decided this just after splitting up with my boyfriend too so I'm completely broke, guess that means I have nothing to lose!

I'm not sure if I made my mind up for the second decision or if it was made up for me.
Original post by awkwardchild
A few weeks back, I got my A Level results and thankfully, managed to secure my place at university. I worked very hard for it, for years because it's always been a dream of mine to study in a renowned school away from home. Then, I was at a crossroad because my mother was diagnosed with stage IV cancer remission after 13 years and I had to make a decision if I were to study locally in my home country and give up on my dreams to study overseas in a school I worked so hard for all my life or leave home and my mother to study at my dream school. So my family and I made a collective decision together that I would take a gap year and be my mother's caregiver, putting her ahead of my own dreams so she can get better. I don't regret the decision at all because family is everything to me but I would always think about how nice it would be to experience life in a new place with my friends who are all about to go overseas before me. This year has definitely been the hardest year I've ever had to go through, period.

This is so incredible. Everything happens for a reason, I am certain you will make the best out if this situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deciding to go to university at all and which one. I didn't know whether it would be for me and I knew after all the struggle I couldn't run home crying if I didn't like it. My dad and his family were against me going to university. I knew that it would (and sadly has) create a wedge between us. As someone who finds social situations awkward and has little self belief I felt I was taking a big risk applying, fearing that I would fail. What's more, when I was looking at places I found that I loved universities up the other end of the country. I could have easily gone to one around the corner (literally) and lived at home but my heart wouldn't have been fully in it. This displeased people even more. I'm happy I decided to go where I did for a degree. I'm enjoying the course,am feeling better about myself in general, and most people are proud of me, but at the back of my mind I still fear the pressure on the relationship with my dad.
Original post by CurtisDean
This is so incredible. Everything happens for a reason, I am certain you will make the best out if this situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's a very considerate and nice thing to say :smile: I believe so too and I hope by the end of all this, I'll be a stronger and more driven individual.

Quick Reply

Latest