The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Need some Advice!!

Hi everyone!

I really need some advice here! I left three luggages in Sheffield. But I have to move them from Sheffiled to Manchester on 14th. I am not old enough to drive. Soo I have to book a taxi right?

I searched online'Cheap taxi Sheffiled", it will cost me about 80 quiz from Sheffield to Manchester.Is there any taxi companies cheaper than that ??

Thank you very much. Looking forward to any suggestions.

Joey
Why not get the train, and then get a taxi to & from the station, if you're going to struggle with lifting them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Why not get the train, and then get a taxi to & from the station, if you're going to struggle with lifting them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 2 big luggages, a box and a small copy machine....So It is kind of impossible if I take the train with my friend to carry all these......
Well this is why I suggest getting a taxi to and from the station, and getting the taxi driver to help you with your luggage.

Are you sure you couldn't cut down the amount you're bringing, and pick more up at reading week? That's only about 6 weeks later.

I presume that there is no friend or family member that could drive you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, a man with a van may be cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Also, a man with a van may be cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Becasue I left my things in a storage, if I don't take them away with me, they would charge me more. :frown: I have some friends who drive but they don't live in Sheffield. Most of them they are internatioanl students like me, they don't drive... There's a friend who would come with me to help with this. I think I would consider about taking the train.That would be cheaper.:smile: Btw A man with a van? You meant a taxi or a private driver?

Thank you very much.
Original post by joeyzuer
Becasue I left my things in a storage, if I don't take them away with me, they would charge me more. :frown: I have some friends who drive but they don't live in Sheffield. Most of them they are internatioanl students like me, they don't drive... There's a friend who would come with me to help with this. I think I would consider about taking the train.That would be cheaper.:smile: Btw A man with a van? You meant a taxi or a private driver?

Thank you very much.

Man with a van does what it says on the tin - it's a man, who owns a van, and is available to move stuff around in his van. For instance, this one would charge you around £35-40 http://thevanmanuk.com/
Reply 7
Man with a van does what it says on the tin - it's a man, who owns a van, and is available to move stuff around in his van. For instance, this one would charge you around £35-40 http://thevanmanuk.com/[/QUO

I get it ! Thank you so much!!This is so much cheaper than a taxi!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending