This discussion is closed.
kingpong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
uh not really.

but you can buy replacement batteries anyway (DIY jobbie)
Yes it does.

The 18 month battery life problem (which only happens to very few) is related to the batteries in first generation iPods only.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by wigman15)
Which do you think is the best out of the two?
mini but only because I'm skint.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd suggest getting a normal iPod. My sister has one and it's very good. Comparatively the price:space seems much better also than buying a mini one.

---
Ever since someone posted the Geofftech site ('50p in da pod') I've been following his updates and finding them entertaining reading. I shall contribute at some point.
Anyway, - this was posted on there - http://www.liquidgeneration.com/rumo...d_killing.html - I'm amused by the fact they've got an iPod advertisement right next to the article- nice placement!
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the iPod can also use ACC which takes up less space than MP3, so you can put even more songs on!!!!
fred0202
Report 15 years ago
It seems if you want to buy the mini you'll have to wait a little while. (or go to America to buy one)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3568895.stm

Why all the fuss around the Ipods now? They've been out since Sep/Oct 2001 and people have only started to like them at the end of last year.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)
It seems if you want to buy the mini you'll have to wait a little while. (or go to America to buy one)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3568895.stm

Why all the fuss around the Ipods now? They've been out since Sep/Oct 2001 and people have only started to like them at the end of last year.
I wanted one for ages, but got an iBook instead but I still want one...

They were the must have christmas present for last year I think.
wigman15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I wanted one for ages, but got an iBook instead but I still want one...

They were the must have christmas present for last year I think.
What's an IBOOK?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What's an IBOOK?
apple laptop to be short
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Get a portable vinyl player! ToshTrent (posts on here) has one, pm him about it!
wigman15
Rep:
?
I have just found out that the 4th generation Ipod's launch is imminent (that's the rumour).

So, should I wait for that or get an imported mini Ipod?
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have just found out that the 4th generation Ipod's launch is imminent (that's the rumour).

decisions decisions... wait until the new iPod is released, if you like the look of that better than the mini you can buy that, or if you still prefer the mini you'd probably be able to get one over here...
wigman15
Rep:
?
the mini will be released in July here instead of April due to demand in america. I can't wait that long!!
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Dickie why do you hate Apple? You dismiss their products as expensive and useless, why?
i dont hate apple, or think their products are useless (i quite like powerbooks and G5's). But they *are* expensive - you can buy qan ipod mini for £200, a 15gb ipod for £240, or a 30gb creative Zen for £235. And thet doesnt die after 18months either
Moog
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Neither! Get a portable vinyl player instead!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
i dont hate apple, or think their products are useless (i quite like powerbooks and G5's). But they *are* expensive - you can buy qan ipod mini for £200, a 15gb ipod for £240, or a 30gb creative Zen for £235. And thet doesnt die after 18months either
i quite like the creative zen but the irivers beat them all
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If i was seriously after a hard drive MP3 player i'd wait a little longer; it'll be worth it. They'll be smaller, cheaper and have a much better battery life (over 30 hours, as opposed to the iPod's pathetic 8 if you're lucky)
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads