The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Freahers UCLan

Anyone going to UCLan? I guess I'm counted as a mature student? I'm 22..

id like to know people before I start, what's the best places to go etc..
Reply 1
Moved to UCLan :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I'd hardly call you a mature student compared to some of the other people there.
The Adelphi pub has a Quid Night on Thursdays, that's hard to miss, it's on the roundabout next door to the fylde building.
Warehouse (club) is the Rock/Indie/Metal place, Best on Friday/Saturday and Tuesday. It has this smell to it though you feel kinda ****ty for getting used to.
Lava / Macs are your generic clubs you'd find anywhere, Macs will give a free bottle of champagne if you can convince them it's your birthday, I had at least 4 last year. Personally don't think much of the place though, the bouncers seem keen to kick you out for tedious reasons (I tripped on the stairs, I don't need to be drunk to do that) Lava has a huge ass dance floor that doesn't usually open until 11-12, but then I've never even heard of half the music they play.
Squires I never bothered with, apparently that's your hip-hop place.
53 will be big for the first night of Freshers, the last and maybe 1 or 2 days in between, after that you'll forget the place exists
Nothing really happens on Wednesdays.
There's the odd sheesha bar around if that's your thing.

I'm happy to answer any questions, being one of the student induction mentors, you'll probably find me around during the freshers events, more so if you're in the School of Language, Literature and International Studies. (It's paying for my drinking)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
What ya studying cpdavis?

Oh that's good I felt old, I thought you where considered a mature student if you wasn't at school leaving age 18/19!

Sounds good I'm so excited to start, need my timetable so I can find a job to fit around it :biggrin: thanks for all your advice on where to go I'm sure il check a few of em out xx
Reply 4
hi guys! im starting Myerscough, although its a college im doing my degree there which is part of UCLAN. im 19 and need to know the good places to go around preston!?
Reply 5
Have you considered scrolling up to where I posted that info you failed to read?

And I believe it's technically 21, but you're not that much older than most people here
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm going to a place called Futureworks in manchester to do my degree but it is awarded by UCLan, can i still get a freshers week pass even though I'm not actually going there? :smile:
Reply 7
We have a freshers pass?
Reply 8
Never mind I've found Salford's freshers pass, it seems to be better
Reply 9
Original post by danny15
Never mind I've found Salford's freshers pass, it seems to be better

Hey Danny, apparently there is no freshers pass this year but you can buy tickets online to any of the events, I can't remember the site but I'm sure if you Google UCLan Freshers events it will pop up most are like £2-£4 so pretty decent, anyone can go to the events but someone has to be a student to show their ID but you can take guests :smile: there's a facebook page with some really helpful people and tips and other new students to chat too! Good luck with your course xx
Reply 10
Original post by JammieDodger90
Hey Danny, apparently there is no freshers pass this year but you can buy tickets online to any of the events, I can't remember the site but I'm sure if you Google UCLan Freshers events it will pop up most are like £2-£4 so pretty decent, anyone can go to the events but someone has to be a student to show their ID but you can take guests :smile: there's a facebook page with some really helpful people and tips and other new students to chat too! Good luck with your course xx

Yeah I found a page for UCLAn freshers but all the events are near preston, I'm going to be living in south manchester so it's kind of useless :/ i think I might go for one of the MMU freshers passes instead :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Vaelant
I'd hardly call you a mature student compared to some of the other people there.
The Adelphi pub has a Quid Night on Thursdays, that's hard to miss, it's on the roundabout next door to the fylde building.
Warehouse (club) is the Rock/Indie/Metal place, Best on Friday/Saturday and Tuesday. It has this smell to it though you feel kinda ****ty for getting used to.
Lava / Macs are your generic clubs you'd find anywhere, Macs will give a free bottle of champagne if you can convince them it's your birthday, I had at least 4 last year. Personally don't think much of the place though, the bouncers seem keen to kick you out for tedious reasons (I tripped on the stairs, I don't need to be drunk to do that) Lava has a huge ass dance floor that doesn't usually open until 11-12, but then I've never even heard of half the music they play.
Squires I never bothered with, apparently that's your hip-hop place.
53 will be big for the first night of Freshers, the last and maybe 1 or 2 days in between, after that you'll forget the place exists
Nothing really happens on Wednesdays.
There's the odd sheesha bar around if that's your thing.

I'm happy to answer any questions, being one of the student induction mentors, you'll probably find me around during the freshers events, more so if you're in the School of Language, Literature and International Studies. (It's paying for my drinking)

Warehouse is only open Friday, Saturday and Tuesdays :tongue: aha
Reply 12
I don't want to buy a freshers wristband because I'm not going to all of the events. Do I have to buy individual tickets online or can I just get them on the door?
Reply 13
Original post by AstroMan
I don't want to buy a freshers wristband because I'm not going to all of the events. Do I have to buy individual tickets online or can I just get them on the door?

You can pay on the door for an extra £0.50-£1 than if you had bought the ticket
Reply 14
Original post by Ruffiio
You can pay on the door for an extra £0.50-£1 than if you had bought the ticket

Thanks, I'll definitely preorder the Invasion ticket though
Please everyone be aware that these 'Fresher wristbands' DON'T include any UCLan Student Union nights!

If you want to get tickets for Student Union nights, look here: http://www.uclansu.co.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending