The Student Room Group

Engineering Management-Master/ Warwick or Brunel

Hi All,

actually, i am planning to get my master degree in engineering Management and considering two schools for this matter which are Warwick and Brunel.

i have read too much about them and really, i am unable to identify which is better to get this degree.

As known Warwick has a better overall world reputation with an advanced ranking while Brunei may precede in engineering faculty.

its uneasy to make the choice and i am seeking your support and experience.

Best,
Don't. Such degrees add no value to your CV unless coupled with at least a few years of work experience. The normal route to becoming an engineering manager is to work your way up via the technical route, usually achieving chartership first, and then branching into management; this is primarily to ensure that managers have experience and knowledge in the technical side of things. Taking such a degree is very unlikely to allow you to short-cut this route, which renders it useless a lot of the time as probably the vast majority of engineering managers have no academic qualifications in anything management related.
Reply 2
thanks Smack for your input.

actually, i have 3 years of experience in addition to other professional certificates which is enough to have such degree that i am targeting to enhance my knowledge in the business practices as well the principles.

may the name confuses but the this degree doesn't aim to promote me into engineering manager which is a pure technical terminology.

still i am awaiting your feedback for the school selection!
Reply 3
Seeking ADVISE please?!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending