The Student Room Group

Cambridge medicine saq please help!

So for AS I did all three sciences and did A2 Maths in one year. Got A's in everything including an overall A in maths (missed the A*). So now I want to retake a maths module to push my grade upto an a* next summer in year 13. None of the maths modules have been cashed in or certified.

Firstly when calculating the UMS average would it be for just my AS maths and two sciences or would it be for a2 maths as well, because that would put me at a disadvantage as my a2 ums was lower than my 94% at AS.

Also would my offer (if i get one) include maths in it.

Can i get away with not declaring maths on the saq? and even the ucas application?
Reply 1
Original post by Skyandstars
So for AS I did all three sciences and did A2 Maths in one year. Got A's in everything including an overall A in maths (missed the A*). So now I want to retake a maths module to push my grade upto an a* next summer in year 13. None of the maths modules have been cashed in or certified.

Firstly when calculating the UMS average would it be for just my AS maths and two sciences or would it be for a2 maths as well, because that would put me at a disadvantage as my a2 ums was lower than my 94% at AS.

Also would my offer (if i get one) include maths in it.

Can i get away with not declaring maths on the saq? and even the ucas application?

I just wanted to ask that I will be in the same position as you next year.
Is your maths AS certificated? Does it have to be certificated? I would also like to know the answer to the question you posed.

I thought that it was illegal or something not to certificate :confused:, Idk...
Reply 2
See apparently our school aren't certifying it so I really don't know. What are you planning to do at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Well I was first thinking about dentistry, but now I'm really interested in medicine, and if I apply to Cambridge, I will be in the same position as you next year.

I know that they might not put maths in the offer at some colleges, because they want them done over the two year period (so they know you can cope with a lot). But you could easily say that doing Maths A level with my other AS's proves I am capable of dealing with a lot. You got As in all of them as well. It's dealt case-by-case at Cambridge.

Btw what boards are you on with these A levels? And do you think starting an A level early has helped? Because to me it's actually put me in a worser position in terms of some unis not accepting it in the offer.

I know you have to declare every qualification on ucas. Don't know if you have to put in qualifications that have not been certificated/cashed in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending