JJ's tipping Watch

This discussion is closed.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The weekend is upon us and I have just found a lovely betting opportunity.

West Tigers vs Brisbane Broncos match in the NRL is to played this Sunday morning, 5:30 GMT. Brisbane should win especially with star centre Brett Tate and star forward Dane Carlow returning to the frey.

I got odds of 4/7 on Brisbane to win which would give me winnings of £342 for a £600 stake.

I got odds of £2.62 for every pound for Wests to win at WILLhill which for a £250 stake your return would be £655.

In other words if you bet on both teams you are still going to make money. Brisbane winning would pay out £92 and Wests would pay £55.

For those who are worried that the game might be a draw, fear not you can get that at 1-21. Thus meaning if you put £41 on you would get £861 and come away with £11 after your other bets have been subtracted. Obviously if you did this and a team won your winnings would be cut by £41.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)

West Tigers vs Brisbane Broncos match in the NRL is to played this Sunday morning, 5:30 GMT. Brisbane should win especially with star centre Brett Tate and star forward Dane Carlow returning to the frey.

I got odds of 4/7 on Brisbane to win which would give me winnings of £342 for a £600 stake.

I got odds of £2.62 for every pound for Wests to win at WILLhill which for a £250 stake your return would be £655.

In other words if you bet on both teams you are still going to make money. Brisbane winning would pay out £92 and Wests would pay £55.

For those who are worried that the game might be a draw, fear not you can get that at 1-21. Thus meaning if you put £41 on you would get £861 and come away with £11 after your other bets have been subtracted. Obviously if you did this and a team won your winnings would be cut by £41.
I've never understood betting myself :confused:
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eeyore)
I've never understood betting myself :confused:
Simply if you put: £600 on Brisbane.
£250 on Wests
£41 on a draw

You will still win. The most likely outcome is that Brisbane will win giving you around £40 profit if you put money on the draw happening as well.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
How long are these odds likely to remain? I would imagine the bookies will drop the odds when people pile on.
Probably stay the same to be honest. There arent many bets on NRL games in this country so the bookies dont take close attention to them.
DanMushMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)

which bookie are you using for each? surely they're not all the odds from one place.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
(Original post by DanMushMan)
which bookie are you using for each? surely they're not all the odds from one place.
I think it Was Ladbrokes for Brisbane. WillHill for Wests and will hill for the draw.

There is another NRL fixture with pickings of the same nature. Newcastle vs Parramatta. I think the ratio is £500 on Newcastle and £250 on Parra. And if you feel all scared the 1/21 is available on that game too for the draw. I used Blue square and Willhill for them.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads