The Student Room Group

Restarting A levels

Hey guys. Schools about to start. It's been a crazy summer. I didn't do so well in my A levels and was I've been so disappointed. I have decided to start year 12 again with new subjects that I think will interest me and will enjoy. Any of you guys also restarting as well? Thought I would start this thread to support each other

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatsherry
Hey guys. Schools about to start. It's been a crazy summer. I didn't do so well in my A levels and was I've been so disappointed. I have decided to start year 12 again with new subjects that I think will interest me and will enjoy. Any of you guys also restarting as well? Thought I would start this thread to support each other

Hiya hun, I am restarting as well - didn't do too great either :frown: It's a horrible feeling. I am taking the same subjects with the exception of one! Do you know what you want to study in Uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I am restarting too, I knew I messed up from my first modules... But I know my mistakes and I learned from them.. I am doing completely different subjects and only carrying on with one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by melodyogbebor
Hiya hun, I am restarting as well - didn't do too great either :frown: It's a horrible feeling. I am taking the same subjects with the exception of one! Do you know what you want to study in Uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya. Glad they're other people in the same boat as me. We can help each other. I thought I did but not anymore as I want to do different subjects and see what interests me. What do you want to do?

Reply 4
Original post by Spngirl001
I am restarting too, I knew I messed up from my first modules... But I know my mistakes and I learned from them.. I am doing completely different subjects and only carrying on with one of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyyyy. I'm doing exactly the same thing as well. I've learned from my mistakes too and working 110% this time. Hopefully, I get really good grades this time around

Hiya. Glad they're other people in the same boat as me. We can help each other. I thought I did but not anymore as I want to do different subjects and see what interests me. What do you want to do?

It is a nice feeling, I am doing the same subjects but I am just hoping that I do well!! I want to do either Journalism, Law or Business or Politics :smile: How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It is a nice feeling, I am doing the same subjects but I am just hoping that I do well!! I want to do either Journalism, Law or Business or Politics :smile: How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was doing science subjects and wanted to do Pharmacy but since I failed most of my science subjects and did alright in psychology, I've decided to do social science related, like sociology then with English and history as I was going to choose English last year anyway

I was doing science subjects and wanted to do Pharmacy but since I failed most of my science subjects and did alright in psychology, I've decided to do social science related, like sociology then with English and history as I was going to choose English last year anyway

I wish you all the best in your studies and hope you get the grades you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I wish you all the best in your studies and hope you get the grades you want!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much. I pray you get the grades you want as well

Hey. I'm restarting as well. The biggest problem I encountered is finding a college that will let me restart. A lot of my local ones won't let me take different subjects and insisted that I just transfer onto the A2 of my old subjects and pick up 2 AS's. Fortunately I found a college (quite far away, 45 minute bus ride) that will let me retake. I will definitely work a lot harder than I did last year and not underestimate how hard A Levels are!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by StellarProjections
Hey. I'm restarting as well. The biggest problem I encountered is finding a college that will let me restart. A lot of my local ones won't let me take different subjects and insisted that I just transfer onto the A2 of my old subjects and pick up 2 AS's. Fortunately I found a college (quite far away, 45 minute bus ride) that will let me retake. I will definitely work a lot harder than I did last year and not underestimate how hard A Levels are!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my problem as well but my sixth form have let me back in cos the teachers all gave in a good word for me. I had the right work ethic but chose the wrong subjects. My problem now is that most of the subjects I want to take are full so I hope I still have a chance of getting in

I'm restarting too, I got four C's in my AS results which I was absolutely disgusted by. I've changed subjects now and nearly learnt most of the spec for my subjects, so definitely feeling better about this year already.
Hello everyone!
Im resitting my AS year due to personal reasons.
I have transferred from my sixth form in north london to an east london college.

All the best to everyone!
Reply 13
I know this sounds horrible but I'm glad there are other people restarting as well. I've been allowed to restart by my sixth form as all the teachers said I worked hard but chose the wrong subjects. I made this forum so we could all support each other. Only thing that sucks is that the gov and politics class is full so I have to wait till Monday and hope some people drop out.

Reply 14
Hi guys, basically 30/50 of the year 13s in my school have come down to my year too and resitting the year. I don't know what I'd do in your situation as I've heard some top universities don't like resit years, doesn't it worry you? :eek: Best of luck this time around.
Reply 15
Original post by Katie97
Hi guys, basically 30/50 of the year 13s in my school have come down to my year too and resitting the year. I don't know what I'd do in your situation as I've heard some top universities don't like resit years, doesn't it worry you? :eek: Best of luck this time around.

It honestly does and that was one of my first worries but what can you do? My plan will be to apply to 2 top unis, 2 average unis and one lower uni. That way I have more chances of getting offers

I know this sounds horrible but I'm glad there are other people restarting as well. I've been allowed to restart by my sixth form as all the teachers said I worked hard but chose the wrong subjects. I made this forum so we could all support each other. Only thing that sucks is that the gov and politics class is full so I have to wait till Monday and hope some people drop out.

I am doing politics too! It's okay it's good to have people in the same situation because we all understand each other. It just bothered me in the beginning cause I'm 18 soon and others in my class only turned 16 a month ago lol. I wish you the best of luck in sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by StellarProjections
I am doing politics too! It's okay it's good to have people in the same situation because we all understand each other. It just bothered me in the beginning cause I'm 18 soon and others in my class only turned 16 a month ago lol. I wish you the best of luck in sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wish you the best of luck too. I only just turned 17 but I still feel so much older than people in my class. I hope the next 2 years go by really fast so I can be at uni

Wish you the best of luck too. I only just turned 17 but I still feel so much older than people in my class. I hope the next 2 years go by really fast so I can be at uni

Right! They're alright but it just feels different. I hope so too, the past year went by really quickly, I can't wait for uni either I would be so relieved when I'm finally there

Posted from TSR Mobile
What reasons should I give in order for me to restart my a-levels at my sixth form as they are really stubborn!

Latest