The Student Room Group

Eligible for tuition fees?eu student?

Hi

I am an EU student and have some questions about tuition fees help.
This is the extract of what has been sent to me:

If you are a non-UK EC national or EU overseas territories national, you must provide your passport or original documentary evidence of your nationality.

If you are a non-UK EC national or EU overseas territories national who has not been resident in the UK for the last three years, but has been resident in the EEA and Switzerland or the EU overseas territories for the same period, you will be eligible for tuition fees only.
I assume this is the validation I needed.
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Reply 1
Original post by riorio25
Hi

If you are a non-UK EC national or EU overseas territories national, you must provide your passport or original documentary evidence of your nationality.

If you are a non-UK EC national or EU overseas territories national who has not been resident in the UK for the last three years, but has been resident in the EEA and Switzerland or the EU overseas territories for the same period, you will be eligible for tuition fees only.

thank you

It just says that you will only have to pay tuition fees and as you are from the EU, you will pay the same fees as UK students
Hi

thank you

I don't understand why you needed validation for the last part you put in bold, since it clearly states that you can apply for a loan for your tuition fees.

Also, when I applied the first time which was in 2011, I only had to send a notarized copy of my passport, as I obviously was NOT comfortable sending my passport or my birth certificate to the UK. As I have heard some horror stories about it, and I only have a passport and no other form of ID.
Reply 3
well i just need to be absolutely sure...:smile:
Reply 4
hi

i thought this means i will be exempted from paying my tuition fees.

Unfortunately not
Reply 5
Original post by jhubbert
Unfortunately not

well ill just have to contact my uni.
loan is just fine.

thank you
(edited 10 years ago)
well ill just have to contact my uni.

thank you

As far as I can tell, it's saying you're eligible for a loan for tuition fees (like all the UK students), but not for a maintenance loan.

Why would you need to contact the uni about this?
Reply 7
because I am hopping i have not misread something. this is just an extract of a larger document and ive read somewhere on the line there's no support financial whatsoever for my course.

thank you all for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending