The Student Room Group

Which is the hardest A level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chemistry is the easiest for me and Biology is the hardest! :frown:
Reply 41
Original post by CJKay
Further Maths, surely? How many people actually get an A in that?

F-maths is a breeze, if you get an A* in maths a-level you're set for one in Fmaths too.

Even some universities for medicine don't accept f-maths as an a-level...

On-topic: The hardest is probably Biology, because of the application nothing else.
Out of those, you'll likely find chemistry the hardest :smile:
Reply 43
Depends on the exam board, not sure how biology is so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red one
F-maths is a breeze, if you get an A* in maths a-level you're set for one in Fmaths too.

On-topic: The hardest is probably Biology, because of the application nothing else.

I think they consider it to be too similar to Maths A level, they want someone who is able to do maths, and two other subjects, not just maths/fm and one other.

Was the same for my economics :biggrin:
Original post by Alexandra97
I have recently left school and will be starting college in a few days time. I have heard that A levels are really hard and that there is a massive jump from GCSE. I achieved mostly A*s and a couple of A's at GCSE, but I've been told that many people who got these sorts of grades can end up with D's at A level! I was just wondering which A levels are considered the hardest and which are easier? I am taking History, English Lit, Biology and Chemistry.. Also do you have any tips on revision and how to do well at A level, thanks.

I did Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and I found Chemistry the hardest, mainly because there is so much to learn in such short a space of time. I got A's in Bio, Chem and Physics and A* in maths at GCSE even though I was predicted straight A*'s in all subjects (I only got 4 in the end, the rest were A's) At AS I got AAAA, and have been predicted all A*'s for next year, mainly because I really worked hard this year.

The main reason people dont do as well at A level, is because they think it is just like GCSE where if you are intelligent, you can breeze through it, which is really not the case. If you want to do well, start your revision early and you will be fine.
hey friends
is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..
Original post by Red one

Yh but that's if you can, so to the majority of people it won't be a breeze. Then again there are plenty of people who gets A* in Maths and As (or below) in FM which further refutes your point.
Reply 48
I dropped physics after AS because I thought it was the hardest subject I took, but looking back, I did a lot more work in biology and only did marginally better. The exam technique in biology is much harder to learn than physics
Currently doing my AS, and right now I'm finding physics the easiest and biology the most difficult. Mainly because of all the applied questions.
Reply 50
I don't about A-levels, but at AS all my other subjects (chemistry, physics, biology and maths) are a piss take compared to further maths. In my mocks I averaged 98% in Unit 1 and Unit 2 of chemistry (two-thirds of unit 2 since we haven't done resources and half of energy yet) but I got three Us in all my further maths modules.
Original post by AparnaX
I don't about A-levels, but at AS all my other subjects (chemistry, physics, biology and maths) are a piss take compared to further maths. In my mocks I averaged 98% in Unit 1 and Unit 2 of chemistry (two-thirds of unit 2 since we haven't done resources and half of energy yet) but I got three Us in all my further maths modules.

What FM modules you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dude i am sitting my a levels in june and physics is my worst.. i am sitting bio maths chem as well but physics makes me cry! its like the hardest a level alive ****

Quick Reply

Latest