The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Clearing applicants 2013?

So, has anyone else applied to Brunel through clearing and if so have any of you received any offers for accomodation yet? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I applied through clearing too, but I haven't heard anything from the accommodation office. Every time I call up to see where I am with it, they say that I haven't been allocated a room yet. :/
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by natalyaaditij
I applied through clearing too, but I haven't heard anything from the accommodation office. Every time I call up to see where I am with it, they say that I haven't been allocated a room yet. :/

I've not heard anything either, getting a bit concerned :frown:
Original post by FatKat
I've not heard anything either, getting a bit concerned :frown:

Do you live far from Brunel? What course are you doing?
Reply 4
Do you live far from Brunel? What course are you doing?

About an hours drive :s-smilie: Psychology with anthropology thin sandwich :smile: The accommodation office have said they're fully booked so unless people kindly drop out (; I reckon it'd be wise to think of alternatives :/
Oh no, fully booked?! I live on the other side of London, so it looks like I will be having over an hour long commute every day. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually might start looking for alternatives now. I don't want to waste so much time commuting 😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I actually might start looking for alternatives now. I don't want to waste so much time commuting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I might try ringing the off campus housing office T_T
Could you let me know what they say? I'm not going to be able to call anyone up today x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Could you let me know what they say? I'm not going to be able to call anyone up today x

Posted from TSR Mobile

They basically said to look online and it's not bill inclusive so it's most likely going to be more expensive than halls. I think I'd rather commute to be honest.
Original post by FatKat
They basically said to look online and it's not bill inclusive so it's most likely going to be more expensive than halls. I think I'd rather commute to be honest.

Did you check out the 'Studentpad' page? There may be stuff on there that could be cheaper. I've seen a room for rent. It's asking for £100 per week.

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/studenthomes/
Reply 11
Did you check out the 'Studentpad' page? There may be stuff on there that could be cheaper. I've seen a room for rent. It's asking for £100 per week.

http://www.brunel.ac.uk/studenthomes/

That's pretty good, you going to apply?
Reply 12
have been disappointed with the lack of communication from brunel throughout my application. Have to look for accommodation now because its a 2 hour commute for me :frown:. I wish they had told me earlier atleast...
Reply 13
Original post by aftaabp
have been disappointed with the lack of communication from brunel throughout my application. Have to look for accommodation now because its a 2 hour commute for me :frown:. I wish they had told me earlier atleast...

Just received an email invitation to a housing fair on Thursday, seems like there's quite a few clearing students in the same boat D:
Original post by FatKat
Just received an email invitation to a housing fair on Thursday, seems like there's quite a few clearing students in the same boat D:

I've received the same e-mail. I thought that accommodation would've been the last of my worries! Otherwise I need to travel 2 hours :frown:

So is anyone going on the 5th of September??
Original post by aftaabp

I know right?! So annoying!
Original post by FatKat

Original post by Hadia Malakbaba
I've received the same e-mail. I thought that accommodation would've been the last of my worries! Otherwise I need to travel 2 hours :frown:

So is anyone going on the 5th of September??

I'll be going on Thursday at 11/11.30. Hopefully we'll be able to make something good happen!!
I'll be going on Thursday at 11/11.30. Hopefully we'll be able to make something good happen!!

Okay great :wink: I won't be the only one. I really hope we can all find something cos I'm kinda stressing out at the minute :frown:

I have been looking at some accom but there are quite a few that exclude bills (gas, wifi etc)
Original post by Hadia Malakbaba
Okay great :wink: I won't be the only one. I really hope we can all find something cos I'm kinda stressing out at the minute :frown:

I have been looking at some accom but there are quite a few that exclude bills (gas, wifi etc)

Yeah! On the page I posted earlier, there were some that included those in the rent but most of them were single rooms you would rent out in somebody's home, which isn't ideal for me. :/
Yeah! On the page I posted earlier, there were some that included those in the rent but most of them were single rooms you would rent out in somebody's home, which isn't ideal for me. :/

Yeah I know, I wouldn't want to live in a house with no students either.
Lets hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending