What are imperial playing at? Watch

This discussion is closed.
SAM*
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey!

I know theres been a thread bout this before, but seriously come on imperial! i still haven't heard anything for medicine and i really hope they are not just stringing me along- its been 6 months for goodness sake- when are they going to get back to me? a rejection wouldn't bother me- i just need to know where i stand? is anyone in the same position?

sam
x
adrian
Report 15 years ago
The last I heard, Imperial are only interviewing until the seventh of april and they give potential interviewees two weeks notice. Don't know if that helps
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
Who cares about Nerd College London. Bunch of damn nerds. Geeky wines.
Why are they nerds? Just because they're capable of doing subjects that most of the population find too difficult?
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Who cares about Nerd College London. Bunch of damn nerds. Geeky swines.
Ah, i think we have someone trying to nominate himself for UKL imbecile, this is the third thread i have read today where you have been insulting and taken great pleasure in degrading other peoples efforts. Imperial college is one of the finest unis in england and anybosy even been considered to study a subject there, never mind medicine, is highly intelligent and at least deserved of some respect. Good luck with your application SAM*, as for gnostic, wise up to reality.
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I never said Imperial wasn't good - it's the 4th best uni in England. And the students there are intelligent.

But they're friggin freako geeks.
I'd rather be a geek than somebody who seems to have nothing better to do than insult people on an internet message board. :rolleyes:
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Imperial students become scientists. Scientists are nerds. And they are the ants, the factory workers, of academia - they produce the data that philosophers and innovators use to create great things.
Look-these scientific subjects are the basis of any other kind of learning, and are far more useful to society than the arts. Look around you...you wouldn't have modern conviniences if it wasn't for science.

And I think you forgot that innovation that has an impact is largely technical, provided by engineers. And Imperial, by the way, has the best engineering faculty in the UK.

As for the factory workers comment...think the hierachy here is a bit inverse. Funny that most people dont even have the ability to aspire to be factory workers.

Everyone knows the natural sciences and maths are far harder to grasp than other intellectual disciplines. Why else do most people react with horror when someone says they're doing maths or physics a-level? Science is about understanding the natural environment within which we exist, implying that it is inferior is ridiculous. Society wouldn't be where it was today if mankind's curiosity hadn't lead it to explore it's surroundings.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I suspect in Gnostic's view, the only universities worth being around are LSE and KCL (law dept). Unfortunatley our economy would suffer greatly for it, but of course, that doesn't matter.
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I never said Imperial wasn't good - it's the 4th best uni in England. And the students there are intelligent.

i hav a few friends goin there and theyr not geeks trust me lol. but i hav another friend going there who over yr 13 has turned into a geek. im so worried for her.. so iv told my other ungeeky friends starting there next year to watch out for her lol.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Hey!

I know theres been a thread bout this before, but seriously come on imperial! i still haven't heard anything for medicine and i really hope they are not just stringing me along- its been 6 months for goodness sake- when are they going to get back to me? a rejection wouldn't bother me- i just need to know where i stand? is anyone in the same position?

sam
x
Hey Sam !

I can't really say anything useful but it must be really annoying to be waiting for so long... All the applicants from my school have heard now (some rejected, some have interviews next week) so I think you should be hearing very soon - just hang in there! Have you heard back from QWM?

As for them interviewing up to the 7th April - I have heard that too but I don't think they're too strict about giving 2 weeks notice (because two students in my school had just over 1 weeks notice!)
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Hey Sam !

I can't really say anything useful but it must be really annoying to be waiting for so long... All the applicants from my school have heard now (some rejected, some have interviews next week) so I think you should be hearing very soon - just hang in there! Have you heard back from QWM?

As for them interviewing up to the 7th April - I have heard that too but I don't think they're too strict about giving 2 weeks notice (because two students in my school had just over 1 weeks notice!)
Hey Lucy!

How are you? i got an offer from QWM, thanks for all your support! As for imperial it doesn't matter as much to me anymore but still wanna know! how bout u have u heard back from them?

sam
x
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Shut up! I aint no GEEK, and I'm seriously considering putting ICL as my firm....stop chatting crap you sound like a friggin geek anyway! I can't help it if your jealous of my intelligence!

Imperial students become scientists. Scientists are nerds. And they are the ants, the factory workers, of academia - they produce the data that philosophers and innovators use to create great things.
And your callin me a f*ckin geek, thats one of the most geekiest thing I've ever read...I mean I had to whip out my Oxford Concise Dictionary to translate it properly!
kosine90
Report 15 years ago

*ugh* without those 'friggin freako geeks', we wont have any computers and message boards!
poulanck
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
All the great Philosophers and Innovators of history were scientists weren't they? Without some sort of scientific background, as a philosopher or innovator you would be excluding yourself from most of the main issues of modern society...
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i have no knowledge of science at all and i can partake in discussing the issues of issues of our society as a whole,

a historian, social commentator can have no knowledge of science.....
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wow, thats extremely arrogant. Looking down on a certain type of person for what they do for a living.. I've found your posts to be intelligent in the past, but now I realise that you're just someone that thinks too deeply about life and therefore has warped opinions.
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SAM*)
Hey Lucy!

How are you? i got an offer from QWM, thanks for all your support! As for imperial it doesn't matter as much to me anymore but still wanna know! how bout u have u heard back from them?

sam
x
Hey,

Well done ! You must have been so happy when you found out ! Two of my friends are going to put QWM as their firm choices (for medicine too) - both are super excited about going there Still haven't heard back from Imperial yet so should be hearing pretty soon (hopefully sometime next week). Congrats again!
SAM*
(Original post by Lucy)
Hey,

Well done ! You must have been so happy when you found out ! Two of my friends are going to put QWM as their firm choices (for medicine too) - both are super excited about going there Still haven't heard back from Imperial yet so should be hearing pretty soon (hopefully sometime next week). Congrats again!
hey!

Thankyou very much! when i found out about my offer i was more relieved than anything else, at least i know i have a place now! I'm sure you'll get an offer at imperial and that would be so amazing- 4 offers! But making your decision must be a bit tricky!

Sam
x
Pure Scientist
Report 15 years ago
One day, you arty farty people will realise that your courses are only necessary to entertain the scientists and the proletariate who carry out the scientists' ideas. Scientists keep people alive and increase standards of living, arts entertain
W.A.S Hewins
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pure Scientist)
One day, you arty farty people will realise that your courses are only necessary to entertain the scientists and the proletariate who carry out the scientists' ideas. Scientists keep people alive and increase standards of living, arts entertain
Scientists also created nuclear weapons, thalidomide, the Sinclair C5, and Jo Brand's knickers. They're not all saints, you know.

Truth is we need scientists, but we also need economists to provide the money for their work, and we need philosophy/sociology graduates to tell them about how to apply their inventions without destroying the universe, and my god we could do with English graduates to translate their awful instruction book rubbish into good, clear English (why are scientists such terrible users of language?).

Feminism: by hypocrites for hypocrites
jiefei_ma
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
umm, are you serious?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.52%
Excited (156)
9.13%
Worried (306)
17.91%
Terrified (380)
22.24%
Meh (168)
9.83%
Confused (37)
2.17%