The Student Room Group

Taking an exercise machine to uni

hello good people of TSR, I was wandering if you are allowed to take an exercise machine to uni to keep in my room obviously, as I know I will not be able to afford the gym I am thinking of taking my cross trainer. Has anyone ever done this? thanks.
Reply 1
My friend bought a fold up exercise bike (that turned into a very expensive towel rack). If you can fit it in your room, then why not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by LouiseOrd
My friend bought a fold up exercise bike (that turned into a very expensive towel rack). If you can fit it in your room, then why not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol thanks, and aww crap I forgot how small my room is, I may put it in the bathroom and then take it out when I want to use it lool
Reply 3
Original post by XiennaVsXienna
lol thanks, and aww crap I forgot how small my room is, I may put it in the bathroom and then take it out when I want to use it lool

That's what my friend did, except she used it once. It was in the kitchen for quite a while and one of our friends used to use it as a guitar playing/epiphany place, but we got told to get rid of it for some stupid reason.

Remember you have to actually get it to uni as well ahah!
Reply 4
Your university will have a track...........run around it!
To be honest there's a good chance that there will be space in neither the bedroom nor the en suite.

Join the uni gym - they're usually subsidised and will have a much better range of equipment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Even non subsidised gyms are about £16 a month.
Reply 7
How much would the gym cost?

Ours is insanely expensive. Standard membership has gone up to £50 (we've just had an entire new suite built) and then you have to pay between £3-5 whenever you go. Gold was £220 last year, and is now ~£250 which gives you unlimited gym and swimming. The Platinum (which I'm probably going to get this year) is £300, which is unlimited gym, swimming and fitness classes as well as a few other extras and discounts on stuff that isn't free. Students have to pay up front, which kind of sucks, but I've emailed the Sports Park asking if I can be classed as Exeter Staff, seeing as I work on campus and go through payroll. It's about £40-£50 more expensive, but you pay £30 a month out of your salary rather than £300 up front, which I think will suit me better. If they don't let me, my overdraft will just have to sit down and take the endless beatings...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending