The Student Room Group

Do you like rap music?

Scroll to see replies

who else love this track

haven't heard it in ages, just found it

#Afrika Bambaataa
Original post by Beatlemania
No.

I like music for the words, the poetry, hence I'm into older stuff. I like music which I can relate too, and which can paint me a picture.

Rap music doesn't give you that, I cannot even understand what they are saying.

How much rap have you actually listened to? Honest question.
Reply 62
Yeah. Mostly for the production.
Reply 63
No.

I like music for the words, the poetry, hence I'm into older stuff. I like music which I can relate too, and which can paint me a picture.

Original post by Cable
Lol, you clearly don't get it.

:facepalm2:

#samelove #realrap #truth #macklemore
Reply 65
Original post by chickenonsteroids

:lol:
Reply 66

#crank dat soulja boy #realrap #truth
Reply 67
No.

it does for some , i guess it depends where your from/where your going
Reply 68
I'm going to have to clear something up.

Not all rap/hip hop is ghetto, although gangsta/ghetto rap is obviously ghetto. If you guys gave a chance and listened to Hip hop from the 80s, you'd love it. Hell even the 90s if some of you are more extreme. The whole genre has gone downhill since the mid 00s. Now we have Drake and ****ing Odd Future weirdos.
How much rap have you actually listened to? Honest question.

Yeah that was a bit weird.

Usually I'm the opposite, I listen to music for the music and don't care too much about the lyrics but the narrative is often at the forefront of Hip-Hop music. That's not to say the production isn't or can't be good though.
Reply 70
It's not my preferred type of music but I'd take it over JB and 1D any day of the week. Some of it is actually worth listening to.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Ggmu!
"Rack City" was a work of art.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:

I can't believe that guy didn't realise he was being trolled.
Reply 72
Original post by BertJase
I'm going to have to clear something up.

Not all rap/hip hop is ghetto, although gangsta/ghetto rap is obviously ghetto. If you guys gave a chance and listened to Hip hop from the 80s, you'd love it. Hell even the 90s if some of you are more extreme. The whole genre has gone downhill since the mid 00s. Now we have Drake and ****ing Odd Future weirdos.

It's gone underground. You have to do your research.

Edit: What Wilfred said.
(edited 10 years ago)
Eh, I tolerate it, but I'm not a huge fan. Sometimes it works when you put it rock music.

Now, R'n'B and Hip hop is a different story. I hate that ****.
Hip-Hop is as good as it's been for a very long time in my opinion. I don't buy the argument that it's crap these days. It's becoming easier and easier to find good Hip-Hop I think.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Yeah that was a bit weird.

Usually I'm the opposite, I listen to music for the music and don't care too much about the lyrics but the narrative is often at the forefront of Hip-Hop music. That's not to say the production isn't or can't be good though.

A good producer can really improve a track. A lot of the time, it's the most memorable part of it.
^^^^
You could say that, the Rap music that went mainstream in the 80's and 90's is better than the rap music shown on TV these days
Reply 77
Original post by niceguy95
who else love this track

haven't heard it in ages, just found it

#Afrika Bambaataa

That's my shizz right there.

Thanks for posting it. :yy:
I know Devlin is Classed as Grime and not hip hop, but why do people rate him so highly

He's incredibly off beat, its like his rapping to another tune in his head and his lyrics are nothing short of average, no better than Mr Wong
Like rap, but not the like of drake and other ones like that. I like Hopsin, OFWGKTA, etc.. plain rap about money and girls gets a bit boring, I also like Eminem, but he's been in the game a long time.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest