The Student Room Group

A2 text transformation, English language and literature

na
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
that doesn't sound like what I've been told. I was told to choose two texts from a list of authors (I chose Nicholas nickelby by charles dickens and 'island man' by grace Nichols) and transform each text so I have two transformations that will make up my coursework. and we transform them based upon the author's style and the plot of the text.
Reply 3
Original post by Laurakr
For my a2 English language and literature coursework I need to do a text transformation. But looking at this site I've been given a different brief to most people? :frown:
We've been given a list of authors and told to take one of their pieces and transform it into another style, based on another authors piece. This is what's confusing me.
I want to take Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning as my base text; in an ideal world I want to play about with it as though he is mentally ill and has just committed suicide instead of killing the woman. However according to the brief we've been given I'd need to find another author who has wrote about suicide and do it in their style.
Is that right? :confused::s-smilie:

No, if you are doing in the same thing as me which is transformation then all you need to do is transform it another GENRE. I am doing a poem, Benjamim Zepahmire and I am thinking of turning it into an article. So from Poem to article you see? Yeah I too got a list, a prose, play or poem. I am looking for a prose now but first I want one transformation out the way. You are also going to be doing commentary as well right?
Reply 4
na
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
na
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Laurakr
Sorry, can you explain this? So what are you transforming, and how?:confused:

not sure what to add to that but basically I will transform Nicholas nickelby into a series of letters between two characters and island man into a diary entry. each transformation is based on the original text, I could change the characters names or add a new character but the overall plot of the text must remain the same. hope that helps
Reply 7
Original post by tgwktm
not sure what to add to that but basically I will transform Nicholas nickelby into a series of letters between two characters and island man into a diary entry. each transformation is based on the original text, I could change the characters names or add a new character but the overall plot of the text must remain the same. hope that helps

what text books are you guys using for the a2, transcripts?

Quick Reply

Latest