emma37
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi! I'm on a gap year now and researching unis and courses for September 2014.I did Sociology at A Level and absolutely loved it and am strongly considering studying it at uni. My question is; is a sociology degree a waste of time? Where will it get me? I am looking at possibly pursing a career in law... but nothing set in stone yet! I want a broad degree that will give me a few options. I also have 280 UCAS points to play with (grades BBC) and am considering the university of Westminster & university of Greenwich (I'm from Belfast but want to study in London!) Any replies will be appreciated Thank you!!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
WGR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lolol I knew someone who did sociology at Westminster and she hated it. She said the course and teachers were bull**** and she dropped out in the end.
reyjusuf
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Look for a combined Sociology and Law degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
emma37
Rep:
?
(Original post by WGR)
lolol I knew someone who did sociology at Westminster and she hated it. She said the course and teachers were bull**** and she dropped out in the end.
Seriously! Omg :confused: That's not a good sign! Think I'd still like to go to the open day to see for myself though!
emma37
Rep:
?
(Original post by reyjusuf)
Look for a combined Sociology and Law degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'd thought of that! But do you think that if I do decide to become a legal professional, possible legal employers may look down on my degree since it isn't pure law??
souad1993
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am currently studying BA (Hons) Sociology at Leeds Metropolitan University (I'm a 3rd year student) and I love it! I would recommend it as I believe that it does give you many options as its such a broad subject. I am hoping to do something in Media when I graduate and having a degree in Sociology helps. However, if you want to study Law I think you should apply for a Law degree. I don't think having a degree in Sociology is useful.

Hope this has helped you
iloveteddy14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think sociology degree is really useful if you are really undecided on your career path you could head in any direction for example social justice, law, forensics or head into teaching.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Magnus Taylor
Report 5 years ago
You can do the gdl ( law conversion) after your sociology degree to go into law
iloveteddy14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It also depends on how much time you have on your hands and quick you want a degree and full time job. Really most employers etc don't mind if you have a combined degree in law

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads