The Student Room Group

Keele Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h.fost
I've had one at liverpool too, I also didn't find it very nice! I had a man and a woman, I'm not holding out for an offer after that terrible interview!

Oh my god I know right!:confused: The woman was so scary and I felt like the man would've laughed at me after I left! That was the worst interview I've had for anything in my life! Why do you feel yours went badly?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by h.fost
Just the woman, to me other than a few questions my answers weren't that horrific, but she just kept a straight face throughout that just makes me feel like it was terrible :/ plus a friend of mine told me her interviewers there were really nice, but from the sounds of it she didn't have the same people :smile:

Yeah she didn't smile at all, that made me feel like i was doing terribly too. Ah well maybe they do that on purpose that might have actually liked us.
Original post by h.fost
Just the woman, to me other than a few questions my answers weren't that horrific, but she just kept a straight face throughout that just makes me feel like it was terrible :/ plus a friend of mine told me her interviewers there were really nice, but from the sounds of it she didn't have the same people :smile:

Yeah she didn't smile one bit, made me feel horrible. Ah well they might just be doing that on purpose .. they might actually like us you never know.:smile:
Reply 743
Original post by khiahlouise
Yeah she didn't smile one bit, made me feel horrible. Ah well they might just be doing that on purpose .. they might actually like us you never know.:smile:

Hope for the best I guess, and wait until the end of March! Good luck with your interview here, I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Yeah you too !
Reply 745
Has keele still got a lot of interview invites to give out?? I'm a graduate and still not heard
from them and it's making me really scared cos think I've been rejected :confused:
Original post by somaliya
Has keele still got a lot of interview invites to give out?? I'm a graduate and still not heard
from them and it's making me really scared cos think I've been rejected :confused:

Heyy, according to the 'applicants area' page on the keele medical school website, they have 'held/issued invitations for around 400 interviews and will be issuing interviews for February and March in due course'. So yeah, there's still around 100 interviews (I think they interview 500), and they interview up until March. No news is good news! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 747
anyone got any ideas about what kind of maths questions they will ask on the clinical data section in the interview? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reddoor
My interview is at 9.30 in the morning so I'm staying in a hotel the night before. What time is yours?

I have mine at 9:30 too :confused:
Where are you coming from? I'm just going to drive there in the morning.
Reply 749
Original post by hamzah_1992
Heyy, according to the 'applicants area' page on the keele medical school website, they have 'held/issued invitations for around 400 interviews and will be issuing interviews for February and March in due course'. So yeah, there's still around 100 interviews (I think they interview 500), and they interview up until March. No news is good news! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, so has any rejections been given out then? Because not hearing from them could very well mean I could get a rejection instead of an interview, 100 left doesn't seem that much considering 400 interviews have already gone out :eek:
Original post by somaliya
Ohh, so has any rejections been given out then? Because not hearing from them could very well mean I could get a rejection instead of an interview, 100 left doesn't seem that much considering 400 interviews have already gone out :eek:

I'm not sure tbh. Also, it may actually be more than 100, as the 400 interviews given out may also include interviews for the 6 year course they do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did any international applicants get an interview invitation ???????
Reply 752
Original post by mubashir9995
I have mine at 9:30 too :confused:
Where are you coming from? I'm just going to drive there in the morning.

I'm coming from sheffield. The route takes longer than expected because of the peak district in between. Where are you coming from?
Reply 753
So it's now the end of January, do you think we'll hear back this week?
Can anyone recommend a hotel which is close to the university?
There's this link on the website:
http://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/fachealth/fachealthmed/pdfs/interviewdocumentation/Local%20Accommodation.pdf

I'm staying at the last one, Keele Management Centre as it's only a 10-15min walk away from the uni and I don't have a car. If you do have a car I reckon around stoke on trent centre would be good too! Hope that helps!
Yeah, keele management centre is a good place if you don't have a car ^ .. I stayed at a holiday inn express, which was quite nice and a short drive away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 757
I've called up admin at keele and they told me they will be giving out offers 'very soon'....I couldn't get anything else from the lady no matter what I tried haha
The person in admissions said "next couple of weeks" to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 759
really? that's very odd! perhaps 'very soon = next couple of weeks' :confused: haha who knows...

When did you have your interview if you don't mind me asking? and how do you think it went?

hopefully it's not a long wait from now :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending