The Student Room Group

What happens if I don't get my loan before I need to make an accommodation payment?

I applied in May before the deadline but then sent my evidence late in early July. Got my evidence back weeks ago. Not had a declaration or confirmation letter though and apparently I should have? :s-smilie: when I log on it just says 'your application has been submitted' and that I don't need to do anything else.

I'm just kinda worried, not too much about my loan/grant because I have some money to tide me over for a little while and I have a job where I get paid weekly, but if it's REALLY late then what will I do about my first accommodation payment?
I need to pay 1.6k at the end of October. What would I do if I didn't have my loan before then? Would I just be able to explain the situation to my uni and ask to pay as soon as I got my loan or what?
Reply 1
Original post by when she was 22
I applied in May before the deadline but then sent my evidence late in early July. Got my evidence back weeks ago. Not had a declaration or confirmation letter though and apparently I should have? :s-smilie: when I log on it just says 'your application has been submitted' and that I don't need to do anything else.

I'm just kinda worried, not too much about my loan/grant because I have some money to tide me over for a little while and I have a job where I get paid weekly, but if it's REALLY late then what will I do about my first accommodation payment?
I need to pay 1.6k at the end of October. What would I do if I didn't have my loan before then? Would I just be able to explain the situation to my uni and ask to pay as soon as I got my loan or what?

if your in university halls chances are they will be understanding and let you defer payment until the loan arrives but you must email the finance dept and check with them
Original post by jelly1000
if your in university halls chances are they will be understanding and let you defer payment until the loan arrives but you must email the finance dept and check with them

thanks, I guess I'll just have to ask them closer to the time. I am in halls so hopefully they'll be okay with it if I show proof that I've applied or something.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending