The Student Room Group

Worth Getting ISIC Student Card?

Is it worth getting the NUS card with the ISIC identity extra? I'm planning to study in the UK, might be travelling but I'm not sure how useful it would be in the long run. Has anyone bought it or does anyone find it useful?

Thanks
Reply 1
I had one... never used it. Just use the normal one now.. (I travelled a lot too)
Nope - I have yet to find somewhere abroad that doesn't recognise my normal college/uni student card. The only NUS benefits are for the stores that *only* take NUS cards (Superdrug, Claire's etc)
Reply 3
Nah not really, it's only recognized in specific stores that 'chooses' to accept the NUS card. I have one and rarely uses it. It's good for going to attractions like Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, etc. and the cinema but other than that, umm nah. You can get some discounts on Amazon, not Ebay (quite disappointing) and Spotify... Uhh the ISIC part is not recognized at all even if you get the normal ISIC card sans NUS. I don't know why even though it says it is internationally recognized but it's not because my sister has one, living in the Netherlands and she tried using it both in the UK and there as an ID + discount but they don't recognize it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending