The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

What happens if you fail a resit examination?

Hi guys,

I'm going into my 3rd and final year of Uni at NTU. Unfortunately I failed one module (Half Year 2) in 2nd year by about 8 marks I believe and was referred to do a resit examination this month. To be completely honest, I'm not prepared to do it. There's a lot of excuses I could come up with but it pretty much boils down to me not being motivated enough to study for it. Considering that I've comfortably passed all of my other modules, would I be able to repeat this module in my 3rd year if I failed it?

Reply 1
Hey

I am kinda in a similar situation.... I failed one module from last year (my first year) but passed the others. I was given some re-sit coursework to do for it but I was actually in hospital so I missed the deadline for drop box which has closed. I submitted a notification of exceptional circumstances but I havent heard back yet and I am getting really worried that they won't let me into second year especially as it's so close to moving in

to be honest I think you just need to suck it up and do the exam. You only failed by 8 marks and even if you dont study much for it its worth at least turning up and trying... they won't be impressed or want to help you if you just havent bothered to turn up, you know? If I were you I'd contact your course leader or student support perhaps (although the problem is they wont really be around til term starts). I think the problem is you cant really ask them "Can I still do my third year even though I can't be bothered to re take my exam". I know I'm sounding harsh here but I just don't think it will go down well. Try your best with the exam and then see what happens

Jen :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending