The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Part-Time tuition fees

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help.

I started the second year of my Open Uni degree in February 2013 (2012/13).

I am currently doing a 60 credit module and I plan to do a 90 credit module this year, (the 30 credit module starting in November and the other 60 credit module starting next February).

However on the Open Uni website, it states that the tuition loan covers study for a 12 month period. So if I started February 2013, I only need to apply for a tuition loan for any modules started on/after January 2014.

The 60 credit module I applied for, only covers tuition for the 60 credit module. Does this mean that:-
I will have to apply for a 90 credit module for 2013/14? Or
Can I still use the 30 credit module on the 2012/13, since the loan is covered for a year?

If anyone can help, I'll be most greatful.
Reply 1
I believe the 12 months goes in an academic year, so even if you started your course in Feb 2013 it would've been in the Sept 2012-August 2013 year. Another academic year has just begun so you will have another loan to cover your Nov 2013 and Feb 2014 courses.

Take that with a pinch of salt though - I don't know exactly how the loans work as I'm on the old system, so you should definitely give the OU finance department a call as you want to make sure it's all sorted before November!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Hi! I am having a similar problem with the tuition fees. I am really struggling to found out whether I am entitled to a tuition fee loan.

I am studying an undergraduate degree which I started on October 2011. I have 120 points already on level 1.

But from 5th October 2013 I wanted to study two other modules on level 2, totaling 120 credits towards the degree. I need £1585 all together.

Am I eligible for it?

Many thanks for your time
Reply 3
Original post by Jaffrina
Hi! I am having a similar problem with the tuition fees. I am really struggling to found out whether I am entitled to a tuition fee loan.

I am studying an undergraduate degree which I started on October 2011. I have 120 points already on level 1.

But from 5th October 2013 I wanted to study two other modules on level 2, totaling 120 credits towards the degree. I need £1585 all together.

Am I eligible for it?

Many thanks for your time

Phone the OU's finance department.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending