The Student Room Group

Results Day

Some people on this site are actually looking VERY forward to results day. The hilarity of the situation is that some people have the countdown to it aswell. It's ridiculous. ENJOY THE SUMMER, FORGET THINKING ABOUT YOUR RESULTS. I think i did pretty well in mt GCSE's, nevertheless, I still don't look forward to results day as I feel I have invariably messed up on certain questions. What is done, is what is done, and think about all the lovely things you could be doing this summer!

Scroll to see replies

Couldn't agree more.
Reply 2
Im really worried, and I haven't even finished. Im really getting worked up.
i dread results days, so far my A2 exams have gone quite well- as will my french exams (fingers crossed) but just because i think they've gone well doesn't mean i look forward to them- far from it!!! i try to forget about them, and focus on the hols, but sometimes it's difficult, and you can't stop thinking about them. Hopefully french will go great so i can chill!
Reply 4
Results day will definately not be a happy day as i can gather
Reply 5
Starsurfer
Im really worried, and I haven't even finished. Im really getting worked up.

:ditto:
I'm not so worried at the moment, although I can imagine the majority of us will be very worried the night before. :p:
Reply 6
There is nothing wrong with looking forward to results day. Nothing at all. If you want a countdown – have a countdown.

Not looking forward to it out of fear, on the other hand, is completely different, because as you said what is done is done.

In terms of worry, everyone must be worried. Even those who found their exams 'easy' must be the least bit worried. It's human nature, what do you expect?!

People can say they've forgotten about it, but have they? The thought of it must be somewhere in their minds. That doesn't mean it is the only thing they're thinking about, just that even remotely, it will be there. That's all.
When is results day??? Is it the 24th 25th or 26th?? I might not be able to collect them...
Reply 8
meep...exams :S
When is results day??? Is it the 24th 25th or 26th?? I might not be able to collect them...

It is the 24th.
Papillon
It is the 24th.

ring your school up, it's a lot quicker, no queuing
I agree with what you're saying and I also think people should try and forget about their results and enjoy the summer, but speaking from the experience of waiting for 2 sets of results (GCSE and AS) and about to start the long wait for a third (A2) it's not that easy! In a way I'm also looking forward to results day because waiting drives me mad, but on the other hand, I don't want it to come because I'm scared I won't get the grades I need for my firm university. The best thing you can do is keep busy so you have less time to think about it.
I am a bit worried about results day as I might be in for a shock (Either Extremely great results or the ones I didnt want).

Damn it my school makes us wait until 11 o'clock to get our results. Is it like this for everyone or is it just my school?
Ar my school the earliest we can collect them is 10:30. We have to wait on the 'top' yard lol and be called in i think. I hope its in alphabetical order because then i'd be fourth!!! thats if they all turn up early hopefully they wont and i'd be first how good would that be?!
I can imagine the majority of us will be very worried the night before.

Not really. What's done is done.

re: the OP's comments:
tt5

Couldn't agree more.

:ditto:
we can go in any time from 7am!!! How good is that- no worrying all morning, i thought most schools were like that.
Reply 15
Only after 10, that sucks.
jesus christ its a big long way away..the results day...im more worried about getting a job at the moment than anything else!!
xx_tory_xx
we can go in any time from 7am!!! How good is that- no worrying all morning, i thought most schools were like that.

OMG:eek: lucky You! Guess I have to probably go to bed really late the day before so I can avoid waking up early, and anxiously waiting:frown: .
We were told that the results come by special delivery at about 8/9 o clock in the morning thats why we have to wit until 10:30!!! I bet they just wanted to sleep in during the holidays so decided to make us collect them later. essh
Reply 19
yeah we can collect ours at 7 am. i am probably going to camp outside the school because i live ages away and i want to get there early

Latest