Extremely rude man on the bus, was what he did inappropriate?

Watch
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
**EDIT - sorry for spelling *extremely wrong in the title. **

So I was on the bus today when I was texting my sister. An old man came on to the bus, so as usual I was going to ask him whether or not he wanted to sit down. I looked at my phone for literally 2 seconds just to lock it and put it in my pocket but before I even had a chance to even ask the man if he wanted to sit down, and a man standing next to me GRABS me on my top and PULLS me off the seat, saying "what's wrong you don't you have any respect" and then I said "well excuse me what do you think you're doing? I'm fine with getting up for the elderly but it was totally out of order for you to drag me out of the seat".

Then, ironically, he said I was the one who had no respect. Even more ironic, the old man was standing next to his daughter. Rather than asking his daughter to get up who was sitting in a seat right NEXT to the old man (who was around 13 years old so should have, she wasn't a kid so she could have got up for the man, and I'm pretty sure she was fully aware of his presence) he grabs me and lifts me off my seat, when I was further away from the old man who wanted to sit down.

Normally, if I'm unaware of someone whos less-able's presence who wants to sit down, someone will nudge me or kindly ask me to give up my seat for them. This man was totally out of order and not a single person asked me before he grabbed me off the seat. He literally did it straight away whilst saying "what's wrong with you don't you have any respect", didn't even ask first.

Personally I thought that was totally inappropriate. He was a man in his 40's and he still hasn't got the slightest bit of respect himself to have the audacity to grab a random stranger out of their seat on the bus. What makes him think he has the right to do so?

Does anything else think what he did was totally inappropriate? I want to shrug it off but I go on this bus commonly, and now that his daughter goes to the same school (I'm in Year 11 and his daughter is Year 7 or 8) he will be also. The bus driver did nothing, and maybe I should tell the school? I'm unsure what to do really.
makemyteapunk
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd ignore it, people are rude and inappropriate. The only thing you should've done is to say what you really though of his behaviour, make an argument, and get off the bus. that's what I would've done to show how much of a douchebag he was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ggmu!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't get up for people unless they are pregnant or elderly. 40 isn't elderly. I would've calmly told him not to speak and stick to gotta business.

On the other hand, parents/grandparents want to sit with their kids after picking them up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeceitfulDove
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You must be quite a calm person if it happened like that, I would have boiled over and that prick would have had an earful.
REASON_Lighters
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sorry to hear about what happened. If I were you I'd let it go this instant but if it pertains again I'd inform the school and your parents.

Don't let it get to you, don't worry about losers like him trying to intimidate others.

Edit: Skim read and didn't realise he picked you up. o.O not sure, I'd tell you parents and inform the bus company. Tell the bus company of the passenger, his name, attitude, what he did etc. and the bus drivers name as he was negligent IMO.

Off topic, I was on a bus once and a couple were having sex. In a bus lol. Now that was definitely inappropriate.

Anyway regarding your matter what he did was wrong and I would tell your parents,bus company, perhaps teacher you get on with school.
Jammy4410
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't get up for anyone, unless they ask. If they don't ask they don't get.
ZRO
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bro tbh you should have stood your ground he can't do anything to you and if he did he would be in trouble as you're a minor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tryfindme
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sue him.
Sloaney Pony
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ZRO)
Bro tbh you should have stood your ground he can't do anything to you and if he did he would be in trouble as your a minor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This. Next time he gets on the bus and you see him, glare the **** at him and don't budge an inch. Next time he gives you crap (he probably will), flame him. Else he'll think he can get away with such nonsense and your self esteem will be crushed.

Don't take ANY undeserved rubbish from people, life lesson here OP.
cleveradam
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by yellowcopter)

So I was on the bus today when I was texting my sister. An old man came on to the bus, so as usual I was going to ask him whether or not he wanted to sit down. I looked at my phone for literally 2 seconds just to lock it and put it in my pocket but before I even had a chance to even ask the man if he wanted to sit down, and a man standing next to me GRABS me on my top and PULLS me off the seat, saying "what's wrong you don't you have any respect" and then I said "well excuse me what do you think you're doing? I'm fine with getting up for the elderly but it was totally out of order for you to drag me out of the seat".

Then, ironically, he said I was the one who had no respect. Even more ironic, the old man was standing next to his daughter. Rather than asking his daughter to get up who was sitting in a seat right NEXT to the old man (who was around 13 years old so should have, she wasn't a kid so she could have got up for the man, and I'm pretty sure she was fully aware of his presence) he grabs me and lifts me off my seat, when I was further away from the old man who wanted to sit down.

Normally, if I'm unaware of someone whos less-able's presence who wants to sit down, someone will nudge me or kindly ask me to give up my seat for them. This man was totally out of order and not a single person asked me before he grabbed me off the seat. He literally did it straight away whilst saying "what's wrong with you don't you have any respect", didn't even ask first.

Personally I thought that was totally inappropriate. He was a man in his 40's and he still hasn't got the slightest bit of respect himself to have the audacity to grab a random stranger out of their seat on the bus. What makes him think he has the right to do so?

Does anything else think what he did was totally inappropriate? I want to shrug it off but I go on this bus commonly, and now that his daughter goes to the same school (I'm in Year 11 and his daughter is Year 7 or 8) he will be also. The bus driver did nothing, and maybe I should tell the school? I'm unsure what to do really.
- It was probably a misunderstanding.
- however, he isn't allow to physically grab you in the manner he did, I wouldn't report it unless he threatened you, if you really want to, you could report it to you schools police officer or head of year.
- you could just talk to him the next time you see him to take it off your chest.
yellowcopter
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by makemyteapunk)
I'd ignore it, people are rude and inappropriate. The only thing you should've done is to say what you really though of his behaviour, make an argument, and get off the bus. that's what I would've done to show how much of a douchebag he was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by JennaEmBee)
You must be quite a calm person if it happened like that, I would have boiled over and that prick would have had an earful.
I just mumbled a bit saying 'yeah right talking about respect' but that's it. I'm usually a person that bottles up this stuff I guess. I really did want to blow my fuse but I just wanted to get home and not cause any havoc.

(Original post by Ggmu!)
I don't get up for people unless they are pregnant or elderly. 40 isn't elderly. I would've calmly told him not to speak and stick to gotta business.

On the other hand, parents/grandparents want to sit with their kids after picking them up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I don't think I mentioned it clearly but the old man was around 70 and didn't say anything, it was another random 40 year old man who, out of the blue, randomly came and dragged me out of my seat for the 70 year old man. Which was out of order I think.
Reform
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should've jumped him.

If you felt intimidated by yourself, you should've jumped him with your friends.
Ben Kenobi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Punch him in the face if he does that again so he will know not to touch you.
Scott.M
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am pretty sure you could press charges for that, although it would be perhaps over the top.

I love it how he does it to a year 11, like to see him have the courage to try the same thing with someone who is his own age.
Ggmu!
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Sorry I don't think I mentioned it clearly but the old man was around 70 and didn't say anything, it was another random 40 year old man who, out of the blue, randomly came and dragged me out of my seat for the 70 year old man. Which was out of order I think.
One thing, dont bottle emotions. I did that at your age and it has done me NO good whatsoever.

I misread. Well I'm quite shocked somebody took you out of your seat, you should know that is unacceptable. I hope you do understand that is crossing the line and you should never take that from anyone.

In any event, forget about this, it's a minor. Just make sure you know what you'll do next time if this situation ever popped up again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sloaney Pony
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I just mumbled a bit saying 'yeah right talking about respect' but that's it. I'm usually a person that bottles up this stuff I guess. I really did want to blow my fuse but I just wanted to get home and not cause any havoc.

Ah my bad, misread it.

Yes stand up for yourself anyway, tell people at your school too.

If you are physically intimidated by people like this perhaps you should start lifting.
OedipusTheKing
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Oh yes, one of those people who think that age immediately equates to getting our respect. :rolleyes:
tomov
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
should have nutted the *******
Paul PTS
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't be nervous. May be he just had a bad day.
Don't you pretend to fight on the duel for the point of honour? Come down.
Once I remember that there was a couple - man and woman on the train. They were about 50 years, they didn't like that I didn't want to move to the window and started to offend me, call me "freak under the drugs" and many other words . I just came down and silently started to photo them on my phone. They shut up and she had asked: what are you doing? I told: make the photo of your husband to remember him better and to show it to my friends too. So I to her husband and said: the earth is round, see you later, "honey" . After that I changed my sit, smiled to them, they looked scared. You see, I didn't say anything forbidden by law, anything impolite, but they got scared.
This Honest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would have stood my ground, no way am I letting a random stranger man handle me!
It was very inappropriate of him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
60.95%
No (66)
39.05%

Watched Threads